Chapter Twenty-Three

"She's here" Ace gets up from the sofa before I do and goes to greet Mable who has just walked through the door.

"Hello Ace, how are you?" Mable says a bit breathlessly as she goes into the kitchen.

I follow them both into the kitchen to see they are both just looking at each other's faces. Mable looks over at me and I know that Ace has already told her that he knows.

"I had to Mable, I couldn't keep it from him anymore" Walking towards Ace I wrap my arm around his back with his resting around my shoulders.

"What I did was the right thing Ace and Harriet is an amazing girl"

"I'm happy that you took Harriet in...call me selfish but if you didn't then I don't think I would have ever met her" I feel him place a gentle kiss on top of my head making me feel comfortable.

"You know what they say, everything happens for a reason"

I can't help but nod my head at what she said, I guess everything does happen for a reason.

"I also wanted to ask for your permission....if I can take Harriet over to my place?" What?

Ace never mentioned even going over to his place to me.

"Of course you can"

"Do you want to come down for a bit Harriet?" Ace finally asks me.

I trust Ace so I do want to go to his place, I want him to open up to me as well. I simply nod my head as a yes and give him a small smile.

"Why have you got that dress on Harriet?" Mable asks pulling the hem of the material a bit.

"Because some things bring back memories" Ace replies to Mable.

Our eyes connect and he gives me a smile.

"You both should be off then" Mable guides me and Ace towards the door and I can't help but let out a small laugh.

"I'll be back on time" I tell her.

She winks at me and watches as me and Ace walk out of the door.

"I never brought my car unfortunately"

"It doesn't matter"

"Luckily I called him on time as well, I just had a feeling you would say yes to coming" Ace was right, the cab was literally just outside the house as well.

He opens the door for me, I get in and so does Ace. He gives the taxi driver the address and soon we're on the road.

Resting my head on Aces shoulder I feel his body heat raiding of from him making me lean in closer to him.

"Everything is going to be ok" He rests his hand over my shoulder and just runs his fingers through my hair which feels amazing.

Closing my eyes I just enjoy Ace's company and presence.

***************

Ace has a very nice room, it's all one coloured schemed. Holding his shirt in my hands I continue looking around and soon my eyes fall upon his bedside table.

It's a picture of a man with a younger looking Ace- this must be his dad.

"That's my dad" A small gasp leaves my mouth as I look besides me to see Ace standing right next to me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't meant to stare"

"It's ok" He goes towards his wardrobe and takes out a pair of shorts for me. "You can tighten it" He hands it over to me whilst looking into my eyes.