Chapter Three

Taking the comb into my hand I brush it through my wavy hair which I got from the shower from yesterday.

"The walk is half an hour away from here" Mable says coming behind me looking at my face through the small mirror which was on the wall.

She told me her name last night after I asked her because I kept calling her miss instead of her name.

"That's fine, I don't mind" I tell her flashing a small smile.

Mable returns the small smile and walks into the kitchen. Brushing my hands over the same clothes which Mable gave me yesterday I adjust the skirt as the height is very small.

"Are you ready then?" She asks coming back out of the kitchen with her small leather black bag on her shoulder.

"Yes" Putting the comb down on the table Mable opens the outside door and tells me to come out with her.

Walking out of the door a warm breeze hits my face making me let out a small sigh.

I hope I find the answers which I'm looking for.

************

"I woke up, I didn't know who I was and that includes my entire identity" I tell the police officer across the desk for the fifth time.

He rolls his eyes and leans back into his chair.

"Maybe you need to get your head checked out from the hospital first" He says with a small laugh at the end.

"Sir, I can't afford to go the hospital at this moment, I need to know who I am" I reply back to him hearing my voice rise a little in anger.

This man thinks the situation is funny and here I am trying hard not to break down.

"Ok fine, we'll do a fingerprint testing, a hair strand test and your blood so we can try and figure out who you are" He says getting up from his chair very quickly.

"Thank you so much" Letting out the breath I was holding in the entire time I get up from my chair as well. "Are we doing it now?"

"Yes, just follow me" He says with a gesture of his hand for me to follow his lead.

Sliding the chair back into the desk I follow him as he strides with long steps ahead of me running a hand through his hair once in a while.

The man is filled with pride and arrogance but his personality is the least of my worries at the moment.

"You got lucky, the forensics are in today as well" The officer says out loud without looking back at me.

Not replying back we go through a door and it's fairly big. Mable is sitting on the chair in the fair end of the room, she gets up and I immediately walk over to her.

"So I'll leave you with the experts then" The officer tells me before leaving the room.

My heart starts to pump in my chest fast; unclamping my hands I can feel the sweat on them, wiping my palms on the skirt I see a woman with a lab coat walk in.