Chapter 11 - Whispers and Moral Support

Zacznij od początku

Going back to my original position, I take a handful of popcorn out of the bowl and put it in my mouth, purposely eating loudly, swallowing the mouthful I look over in the direction of people to find 3 pairs of eyes glaring at me and 1 pair of rolling eyes. Putting my hands up in a mocking surrender, they turn back to the screen, eyes, yet again, glued to it.

Leaning into my brother again, I whisper "So, why won't you do it?" leaning into me and whispering again "Because I like to see you suffer?" he offered shrugging shoulders with his arms crossed over his chest. Slapping him on the chest, hard, might I add. He lets out a girlish 'oww', "Look, Cole called dibs, okay? I can't go against dibs or I get a bigger ass-whooping than that asshole out there"

"Ugh, fiiiiine" I say dramatically, as I roll my eyes at my chicken of a brother "Could you at least come out with me? he knows about Alex and I don't want to face that alone, I need moral support" I ask him dramatically. At this he looks at me with an expression of pure shock, "What?!" he whisper shouts "He knows?! How?!" He pauses, "Wait,' He goes back on himself, "Didn't he already know"

After rounds of "shhh's" from the three girls, both Dom and step into the room dining room, knowing it was empty, so I can answer his questions without being shushed. Standing in front of my brother, I mimic his pose and cross my arms over my chest "Apparently not, but long story short, I was looking into what was wrong with Jesse's truck, since it broke down and Chris called Wren who asked me for help since Cole wasn't here and his car was buried in snow, and I received a phone call from Cole, turned out it was Alex on the phone and Wren was the one who answer and he was like 'hey Alex. You want to speak to mommy?'" I say the last part mocking Wrens country accent "Coincidentally, that was in front of both Jesse and Chris"

"Was on purpose or did he, like, have no choice but to say it?" He asks curiously, slightly biting his thumb nail nervously.

"I don't know but now I need to introduce the two, of course Alex knows who his father is but I don't know how he'll react to him being here" I say waving my hands around to indicate towards our surroundings.

"Okay, okay, take a deep breath." He says calmly, putting his hands on both of my arms. "Go upstairs and get Alex, I will talk to Chris and make sure he actually does know Alex is his but you need to tell Alex that he's here. That is the most important thing right now"

Breathing deeply, I hug my brother and thank him; still panicking about this whole introductory thing. Walking back into the living room, I walk up the single stairs and to Alex's room.

Walking through to eerie hallway has never been as hard as it is right now and for once in my life I'm petrified, not scared, actually terrified of what Alex will say or do. I don't even know what suddenly brought it on, I was fine 5 minutes ago, practically begging Dom to punch Chris . 

Turning the door knob to Alex's room, I take a deep breath and open it to find my son sitting in the same place on his bed that he was this morning, the only difference being no Seth.

Going in to sit on the bed next to him as he tries to build his Lego house. Brushing my hand through his dark locks, he says "Hi mommy" while smiling a toothy grin in my direction "Hi baby" I whisper sadly, returning his smile. 

"What's wrong, mommy?" He asks worriedly 

"I need to talk to about something, Alex" I say slowly, as he turns his head to the sad in confusion like a little puppy "Do you remember those pictures I gave you a while ago?" 

Nodding adorably he replies with "the ones of daddy?" 

"Yeah, those ones" I confirm "Well, remember when I said that one day you'll get to finally meet him?" I continue

"uh-huh" he replies playing with a piece of Lego in his hands, all the while he's still smiling slightly.

"What do think about meeting him now, huh bubba?" I say sliding my hand through his hair again, he looks at me confused until everything processes in his 4 year old brain.

"He's here?" He asks quietly, any traces of a smile were gone 

"Yeah, Sweetie, he is" I say quietly

A look I couldn't decipher spreads across my 4 year olds face and he says, in a normal voice "I wanna talk to him"

My heart drops a little at his words. I love my son, I love him more than anything but I am not used to sharing nor do I like doing it, "Okay then, you okay doing it now?" I ask him, hiding any amount of worry that I may be feeling at that moment.

"Yes, mommy" He says politely while stepping off his bed, his room was different to mine, more childish with its 'The Flash' bedding and curtains, however, the walls were painted the same white colour as two of mine and the carpet was the same.

Grabbing my hand, Alex attempts to pull me off the bed and with a lot of my assistance he succeeds. We slowly walk through the hallway that leads to the main stairs and once we reach the balcony part of the stairs we both look down and see that everybody had scattered from the foyer; probably to the living room or dining room (most likely the living room but you never know)

Walking down the stairs was hard for Alex, so half way down I ended up carrying him - I swear he could do this yesterday - placing him softly back onto hard ground once we made it down, I hesitantly open the door to the living room.

Several people stand up as I open the door, Chris is one of them and my father is another. Clinging to my legs, Alex refuses to let go until he see's Chris and then he let's go ands puts his arms out towards me, indicating that he wants me to carry him. Grabbing him by his underarms, I swing him onto my left hip, smiling to Alex who was looking at his father weirdly. Looking at Chris, I see his shocked expression, most likely cause by how much he and Alex have in common, appearance wise. 

Sitting down on the single seat in the corner, I place Alex on my lap until he jumps off and makes his way over to Chris who was now kneeling on the floor and smiling his beautiful smile. Everything was as expected up until Alex speaks for the first time since leaving his bedroom. Everything remains quiet as Alex looks at Chris curiously, that is until Alex says "You hurt my mommy" in a stubborn voice, following with "I hate you" in a smaller voice.

With a hand over my mouth, or about the seventh time today, my eyes widen in shock "Alexander Richard Carson, you apologise right now" I  yell sternly as everyone looks at me with their mouths wide open. Yes. I just shouted at my 4 year old son. For the first time. Ever.

Turning to face me, my son has a look on his face that indicates he's going to cry or maybe he's going to do something that shocks me for the second time today.

"NO!" he screams "I hate him. I hate him. I HATE HIM!"

And at that moment the only thing I can think, as I stared at my 4 year old son in both shock and anger, is - I have officially seen and heard everything.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Not going to lie... that sounded better in my head XD

Vote and Comment if you'd like!