Chapter 10 - Well, That Flopped

CHRIS' POV

Hearing her voice again after so long was a knife to the heart, breathing became almost impossible. She's just as beautiful as she was 4 years ago; more beautiful even. Her piercing blue eyes refuse to even look at me as she speaks her conditions and damn, did that hurt... a lot. I deserve a hell of a lot worse that, I know it; everyone here knew it.

Bringing myself to even speak became a challenge, it's like she took every ability I had and turned them to mush. She's still as perfect as she always was, she could bring a god to his knees with her snarky attitude, her sexy smile and legs that go for miles, legs that looked extraordinary in those black skinny jeans. Everything about her screamed confidence; her walk, her smile, the way she talks, just everything. She saunters over to the truck, completely ignoring my existence as she tells Alena to go sit in her car; I'd be lying if I said that didn't hurt, cause it hurt like a bitch. Not moving as I'm leaning on the side of the run down piece of metal that Jesse calls a truck, she walks around me going to the driver side and when I don't move from my position on the door, she clenches her fists and looks up to me; I can tell she's restraining her anger, I could see it in her fiery Sapphire eyes but I couldn't help but smirk; she was going to talk to me one way of another.

Stiffly turning to Jesse, she crosses her arms over her chest; covered in a cream knit sweater, her bare shoulder now on show. "Move your pet, Jesse."

Seeing a red-faced Wren trying his hardest to contain his laughter didn't please her, if anything it pissed her off more, which earned him one of her famous death glares; he'd probably be scared if he wasn't so entertained by this. "Sorry, darlin', I ain't getting involved in this one" He says, looking between the two of us. "He's all yours."

I watch as she clenches and unclenches her fists, turning swiftly to face me "Move" She says sternly. Stepping lightly from my leaning position, I now cross my arms over my chest, watching her eyes travel down my chest had to be one of the best things I've felt in a very long time. "Ask nicely and I'll think about it, Princess"

"Do you really think I was kidding when I said I'd leave you all to freeze to death?" She asks confidently "Sure, I wouldn't leave a baby. But you, trust me, princess, I would gladly leave you to freeze" She finishes with a sarcastic smile, she wasn't kidding when she said she'd leave me but she sure as hell wouldn't leave Jesse or Wren like she threatened. Reluctantly, I step aside, holding my arms out, mockingly, in the direction of the car, "All yours, princess."

With a final glare, she opens the rusty old door, bending down slightly to press the button that pops the hood, giving me a spectacular view of her ass, which resulted in me earning a glare from - the now serious - Wren.  As she goes to lift up the hood, her phone blares 'Honey, Honey' By ABBA; pulling it out of the back pocket of her jeans, she looks at the screen and throws the phone to Wren, "Tell him we wont be long, I have to get this done", looking at her weirdly, Wren puts the phone to his ear "Hey Cole" he mutters into the device, his forehead wrinkling slightly as his eyes widen, "Hey... Alex" he says pausing between the two words. Looking at him weirdly, I ask myself, Who the hell is Alex?

MILLIE'S POV 

When my son's name leaves Wrens mouth, I freeze, unable to move. My head twists reluctantly to stare at a wide eyed Wren "You want to speak to mommy?" He says and my heart drops to my stomach as I unconsciously move my head to look at Chris who was already looking at me, shock drowning his face. The shock on his face is evidently pointing out the fact that Chris did not actually read the note that Wren assures me he received. Swallowing forcefully, I grab the phone out of Wren's hand, better now than never... right?