A tear drop of chance

I look over at the man standing next to me, I couldn't thank him enough for coming with me to the wedding.

"Thank for coming with me, it means a lot, Daichi."

"Anytime (First name)."

We look around the well planned wedding and we see Ushijima and his mother greeting all the guests. As we walk a little closer, his mother spots me and she attempts to whisper to Ushijima harshly.

"I told you not to invite that girl. She is your old toy, you don't need her, you're about to be a married man."

I look over at Daichi and he seems to hear it too. His face darkens a little before he turns to me with a bright smile.

"(First name), I can't wait for this to be us, you'd be the most amazing wife."

I notice what Daichi is doing and play along. I give him a little giggle and look away in a blushed state for dramatic effects. By the time we reach Ushijima, he's looking at Daichi with a slight glare, strange for the stoic ex-captain. We both bow curtly and Ushijima follows our lead before he steps out of the way to allow our entrance. 

Once we're inside, Tendou immediately makes his way over to me. His skips formalities and brags about being best man before he looks at the man I'm sporting. I can see him evaluate us before commenting from his guess-block-monster ways.

"You look a little rigid together, you wouldn't happen to be just friends would you?"

I give a nervous laugh as Daichi gives a nervous chuckle. Tendou leans over to me and whispers about his plan.

"Don't worry (First name), I'll stop this wedding, so don't ruin your pretty little face with worry lines." With that said, the ceremony is about to start. Daichi and I take our seats in the middle-ish area, seated right behind Ushijima's mother. 

As the bride makes her entrance, we are all told to stand. Ushijima, rather than looking at the bride, I notice his eyes drift to me. I look away immediately and look at the bride. Her dress is stunning. The white makes her skin tone stand out and the dress hugs her body all the way to mid thigh before fanning out. Her train behind the dress is covered in blue flowers and her hair is braided with white roses with her face covered by the veil, held up by a simple gold tiara. The back of the dress was lace up and they dress it's self was sleeveless with a sweet-heart neckline. In the hallow of her chest, rests a locket and her wedding ring finger still sporting the large diamond ring of engagement. 

Everything about her was stunning and I can see why she made the perfect bride for Ushijima. 

The wedding seemed to drag on, when finally, they got to the vows. Both of the couple said the traditional 'I do' and then there was the asking of any objections. Everyone remained silent. At least until the very last minute when the best man announced his objection. Everyone seemed shocked by the objection and Tendou let that settle in before explaining his reasons.

"I cannot let my best friend marry this woman today, Ushijima was afraid to admit it because he didn't want to disappoint his family, but Ushijima Wakatoshi is actually... Gay."

Silence. There was complete silence as I try to stifle my laugh. Trust Tendou to come up with the most ridiculous reason as to why. Ushijima's mother turned around to glare at me and I avoided her eyes to look at Tendou. Tendou winked at me. 

The wedding was called off and Ushijima apologised to the bride, but didn't argue the statement. Word from Tendou as well, was that Ushijima's mother apologised as well and promised no more arranged marriages. After everyone was gone, Tendou, Daichi, Ushijima and I were the only ones left standing at the venue. It was awkward when Tendou decided to Pull Daichi away from Ushijima and I. Ushijima was the first to speak.

"Congratulations on becoming happy with Daichi."

"He's one of my best friend's, not my boyfriend."

The answer was blunt and in a harsh tone that I didn't mean for. I was the one that left Ushijima.

"Why?"

"Why what?"

"Why did you leave?"

"You and the girl, you seemed like a better couple. You seemed happier and your mother would have been happier too. It was the only logical thing to do. Anyway, it's not like I moved house. You knew where I was, if you really cared, you should have came, but you didn't."

He stood, not saying anything and then, there was movement. Ushijima took two long strides before he reached me. Then, I felt his arms around me. He held me in an embrace. It wasn't awkward or rigid like he use to be. He must have had lot's of experience with Momo, that was all I could think and I could feel the knot of jealousy in my stomach that she was the one to get him adjusted, that she was the one that received his loving embrace. 

"Please, give me one more chance."

As I was about to say no, I felt a raindrop on my head. When I looked up, I realised, Ushijima was crying. The stoic ex-captain was crying. Crying over me. It touched my heart and I couldn't find the power to reject him. One last chance couldn't hurt, right?

"Okay, Wakatoshi, one last chance." 

Sooo! There is two more chapters that I have written after this for this book because I have decided to start another Ushijima fanfiction with other ideas! Sorry about that!