Final closure

It had been a week since I had told Ushijima about my feelings and my disenvolvement in volleyball. Some of the boys had tried to talk to me in class but it was almost finals week for the players.
(Friends name) told me that the boys were struggling. Ushijima had grown more independent and the boys seemed like they were working against him rather than with him as a team.

Hearing this made me think of the problems I must have caused. This was definitely my fault and if I didn't get involved with the Volleyballers, they would still work together as a synchronised team.

Eita invited me to the last game before nationals. He said I didn't have to give him an answer, he just gave me the details and expressed how he really wanted to see me there, even 'just as closure'.

Which leads me to my current predicament. Front row seat. In a gym. Where Shiratorizawa is playing volleyball. (Friends name) isn't even here. Just me.

Thankfully, none of the boys have spotted me. Practice time is about to finish and the game between Shiratorizawa and Karasuno is about to commence.

The passion and fire-lit eyes were within Ushijima the entire match, but yet, they still lost. I've never seen them lose and I'm unsure if they ever have. The fire in Ushijima's eyes seems dull and undetermined. It pained me to see it. I wanted to go down and comfort the whole team.

I look at the team and most of them are already comforting each other. They are crying on each other's shoulders.

I look back at Ushijima, no one is beside him. No one is comforting him. Then I see it. A hand reach up to brush away a single tear. Ushijima. Crying.

I promised myself that I wouldn't get involved with Volleyball again, but when I saw that, I could feel my tears well.
"You did amazing Ushijima!" I screamed it across the crowds noise, I kept chanting it until he heard me, until the world heard me. They all have to realise how good and how hard Ushijima has actually tried. How much this meant to him. His last game, it was lost.

Ushijima looks up to me after he hears my chant, all the boys do to. Ushijima looks confused and the boys look guilty. I give Ushijima a simple thumbs up before I leave the stadium and go home.

That was it, that was my last time watching volleyball, going to matches or associating with the boys. The last time.