Chapter 18

My Husband's Enemy

Chapter 18

Elsa

"So are we just gonna wait for Pitch to come here and take me away?" I ask, no one has said anything for a really long time and I have grown worried that they don't care about me as much as I think they do, if it was someone else they would rush into action and trying to find away to save them from Pitch but for me now is like they don't care about me anyone or never cared about me at all. I guess they only pretended because Jack loves me. This actually makes my heart break a little. Even if I grew up hating them, I have started to care about the guardians. They aren't that bad, if you know them. It is like they say 'never judge a book by it's cover'. "No, we are going to bed now and tomorrow morning we are gonna come up with a plan, knowing Pitch I know that he never strikes until few days after the threat so we have until then" North says and I got to say, I kind of agree with him. But I know that If we are lucky then we get until the after tomorrow, Pitch is not the one to wait.

And he never waits around when I am in the situation. "Goodnight then" I say as I head to the room North gave me before. Everyone say their goodnights and go their way except North and Bunny, they are still discussing everything, and knowing them they are going to be arguing about something. What is it with boys and competing about every single thing? It is so annoying, but this is how it has been for centuries. "Elsa wait up" I hear Jack say behind me just as I was about to reach for the doorknob. I turn around. He looks out of breath, did he run all the way here, you see my room is on the other side of the workshop so it takes a little longer to get here but the good thing is that I have my privacy, besides sometimes I like the silence and isolation. Not that I don't enjoy other people's company, it is just that I grew up begin all alone and I have grown to like it, well sometimes I like it, not always. "What is it Jack?" I ask trying to sound nice.

This day has been frustrating for me and I really just want to get to bed and have a nice long sleep until a very hard day comes tomorrow for me and all of us. Jack takes my hand, and looks into my eyes. I can not help but to look into his eyes. Dark blue staring into sky blue. "I just wanted to ask you if you are alright, are you alright?" Jack ask as he rubs the the back of his head out in embarrassment, I guess he didn't think this through. I giggle at him. This is one reason why I love him, he can be so adorable with his awkwardness. When I giggled he blushes even more. I am so in love with this guy, when he is blushing it is so cute. "I'm fine" I tell him. I'm not really sure how I feel right now, I'm just to tired and angry that I just need to lie down and give my brain a break. That is all I want right now, not that I don't want to spend time with Jack. I love begin with Jack. He is the love of my life.

Jack takes now my other hand with the hand that he was rubbing the back of his head. "Elsa I can see it in your eyes that your afraid" he tells me, I break eye contact with him, he is seeing into my soul by looking into my eyes and he saw that I was afraid, I need to figure out how he does this so I can stop showing him what I really feel inside. "Jack, I just need to sleep and refresh myself" I tell him, I really don't want to explain to Jack why I am afraid, will some of it is kind of obvious but Jack isn't the one to notice the most obvious things in the world. "All right I will leave you to your sleep, me myself need a beauty sleep on my own" Jack says making both of us laugh. He never stops does he? "Goodnight Jack" I say as I kiss his cheek, he starts to blush. That only makes me blush to. I don't know why I did that but I do know that I liked it, by the looks of it Jack liked it to.

"Goodnight Elsa" Jack says when he finally comes to his sense. I open the door and close it behind me, I'm with my back at the door and I close my eyes, just enjoying the moment. I wish things could be simpler for us, so that Jack and I could be together without Pitch trying to ruin everything for us. Why can't Pitch be good, I really want to be friends with him. I mean I have been married to him so I kind of like having him around. I really hate that I have hurt him but how can I help my feelings? Anyway back to the kiss, I really liked it, I smile widely. I turn on the light and open my eyes, I gasp when when I open them, my smile drops completely at the sight in front of me. I see black sand nightmares all around the room. They don't look like they are going to attack me "Hello my beautiful wife" Pitch says as he comes from the shadows. He makes a ball of black sand and throws it at me, I had no time to dodge it so it hits me in the head and the world of blackness consumes me.