"Hey, what's going on?" I heard a familiar deep voice call from across the yard. The laughter immediately died down, all forms of sound ceasing entirely. Slowly I opened my clenched eyes, revealing a blurry blob that I recognized to be my big brother, Jason.

"H-Huh?" The bully stuttered.

"You're not bullying my baby sister, are you, bud? I mean, not cool, dude. You're practically ten times her size," he chuckled satirically. "And to think you have the audacity to pick on her? I mean, wow. The balls you must have."

"I-I'm thirteen."

"Did I ask? Does it look like I care? If we're being honest with each other, let me tell you, I don't give a damn. But what I do give two sh*ts about is you f*cking with my sister," he lowly growled out, getting in his face. "If I even see you looking at her, you have a seventeen year old to deal with. You hear?"

Scurrying into my big brother's arms, I thanked everything that was good that I hadn't fallen flat on my face through the blur. Sighing in frustration, my brother began his trek into the building. His palm began to give my back soothing strokes as he power walked, not waiting for a response from the mean boy.

"My glasses," I whispered in desperation.

"Don't worry, Meg. We'll buy you new ones," he whispered into my hair. "Trust me when I tell you that I will protect you. Not a single person will harm you."

"Best big brother ever," I gushed into his neck, not realizing how indifferent his words truly were. After all, he was only sticking around for two more years till he had headed off to college, leaving me to fend for myself.

But I hadn't known better then. I was only 5, first getting introduced to school as a Kindergartener. I had to learn the ropes of school life and ways to fend for myself once 2nd grade hit all alone.

Jason flew to Philadelphia, attending the school of Drexel for college. We wrote and skyped once a week to catch up with each other's lives, but it breached to a halt once I entered the realm of puberty.

I was thirteen at the time. Jason was visiting for Christmas break. Unfortunately, a girl was introduced into our abode that day. But wasn't the only bizarre occurrence. That was the day Dad went crazy, beating me for the first time.

It was the day I was watching one of best classic scenes in history.

"He told me enough! He told me you killed him!" Luke spoke through the Tv, swinging away from Darth Vader.

"No, I am your father."

Quickly, I paused the movie, staring blankly at the screen with my eyes wide. Mark Hamill, James Earl Jones, Irvin Kershner you have succeeded again in officially blowing my mind.

"Meghan, come downstairs and see who it is!" I heard my mother call, causing me to inwardly groan, but still had trudging up to get dressed for our unknown guest. Afterwards, I made my way downstairs, only to reveal a familiar large figure that I hadn't physically seen in five years.

"Jason?" I called, unsure if it was truly him. His unusually gargantuan head snapped around, only to greet me with a familiar beam.

"Megan," he joyously spoke, accepting me in his arms. "I missed you so much," he whispered into my hair. "So damn much."

"I missed your insanely large head, too."

"Man, you got big," he chuckled, ruffling my already messy hair, causing me to lightly smack his hand away in frustration.