Chapter 48

Alex's P.O.V

I walked back inside to talk to Hayley and Jackson, but before I said anything I heard wolves screaming in agony outside, which startled us so much that we all jumped. Hayley, Jackson, some others wolves, and I ran out to see what was happening. I only found my husband, who had ripped wolves' throats out with his own fingernails. I looked at him horrified, which only made Klaus more satisfied. I then saw Stefan on the ground. Dead.

"STEFAN!" I yelled and Hayley held me back from running towards my little brother.

"Don't worry, love." I looked at Klaus. "I only snapped his neck." I sighed in relief and fear as Klaus addressed the rest of the pack. "Good evening, Crescents. It will come as no surprise to learn that things will not be ending well for you." Klaus said to them. Jackson, looking anxious, stepped in front of Hayley and I before calling back to us, though he doesn't take his eyes off of Klaus.

"Go back inside. Get Hope, Shawn and Mary out of here." Jackson said to me and Hayley nodded.

"I can help you!" I said to him.

"We'll be right behind you." Hayley said and pushed me in that direction.

"Hals..."

"Just get your kids, and run." Hayley said to me and looked reluctant to leave them behind, but after a moment, I sped away.

~

I met up with Mary, Hope, and Shawn to explained our current situation. "What about Jack and Hayley?" She asked me.

"They and the others will meet us up the road." I said to her. I was suddenly distracted by the sight of Mary's lantern filled of Solomon seal and snapdragon, which was currently producing red smoke and gasped. "Oh! It's her. Dahlia."

"All the more reason to go." Mary said and I, completely overwhelmed, started to cry.

"No. I'm not gonna teach my children that it's okay to leave the ones you love to die." I handed Shawn and Hope to Mary. Then I looked at my children sadly. "Take them, and get to Mystic Falls. When you get there, ask for Damon, Damon Salvatore. He'll keep you safe." I explained to her. I looked at Hope and Shawn one last time.

"It's okay. It's okay, my little angels. Mama's gonna catch up with you both real quickly, okay?" I said to them.

"What about you?" Mary asked me concerned.

"I'm gonna rip that bitch apart."

~

I sped toward Jackson and Klaus and punched Klaus so hard he's spun in a circle. Klaus and I started fighting each other, when Stefan joined in to help me. We got the upper hand on him and knocked him flat on his back, on the ground.

When we started kicking him, but he threw us so hard that we were both several yards away. Before we could return to fighting, Dahlia arrived, then broke Stefan's neck again. Poor Stefan. She broke us up before standing at Klaus' side.

"Enough!" She yelled. I looked at my husband and Dahlia together before I realized what was going on.

"Why is she with you, Klaus?" I asked him.

"Unlike some, he's doing what is best for his children." Dahlia said to me.

"I'm gonna skin you alive!" I said to her. I lunged for Dahlia, but when she raised her arms and closed her eyes, my bones started to snap, and I was forced to fall onto the ground. After a moment, Jackson and Hayley were affected by the spell as well, along with all of the other werewolves who were still alive.

"What are you doing to them?" Stefan asked Klaus horrified when he woke up. Stefan sped up to me and I looked at him as my bones broke. I'm having really weird deja vu.

"Oh, this? This was my idea - stealing from Marcel the Crescent curse he once used on your pack, Alex. Dahlia was all too happy to make the necessary adjustments to accommodate your hybrid nature, but not effect me in the process." Klaus crouched down in front of Stefan and I, as my bones were snapping and fangs coming out involuntarily, just like all of my fellow wolves.

"Now, you will be trapped in wolf form, save for the full moon, leaving you very little time to cause any further mischief." Klaus said to me. Hayley, Jackson, and I continued to transform painfully on the floor while Stefan stood close to protect me from Klaus. "And, because of the Unification ritual linking you to your pack, now they will share your fate, Queen." I screamed in pain.

"Why?" I asked him. "Why are you doing this, Klaus? Please. Please don't do this, Nik. She's gonna steal our son." I said to him.

"It was you who tried to steal my son. And, for that, you will suffer." Klaus said and I shook my head.

"I was trying to protect them from this family!" I yelled as my back snapped. Hayley and Jackson were overwhelmed by their transformations and finally begin to shift into their wolf forms, growing fur and claws and the rest of their fangs. I kept trying to fight it even though I knew I would lose eventually.

"They don't need to be protect from this family!" Klaus shouted and I looked at him with tears.

"Look in the mirror, Klaus." I said to him. "I loved you! I still love you! But the man I love would have trusted me to protect my own children!...He wouldn't do this." I said and Klaus sighed.

"Then you didn't know me as well as you thought you did." Klaus said and I shook my head. God, you don't get it, do you?

"No," Stefan said and Klaus looked at him. "She knew you. She knew better than anyone. You're just shutting yourself out because you're hurting the person that you love. I know that feeling and it's the worst pain you will ever feel. I thought you changed, Damon thought you changed. We believe in you to protect her and now look at yourself." Klaus just seemed amused. "You just lost the best thing in your life because of your pride."

I looked Klaus and he didn't seem to happy by Stefan's words. He looked at me and whispered in my ear, "I love you and for that I will save your brother." Klaus then snapped Stefan's neck and walked away with him.

Leaving me to turn, alone and afraid.