Chapter 25

Alex's P.O.V

A parade was being held in the streets in celebration of Klaus and I's wedding. It was led by several police officers on motorcycles, followed by me, and I had a white lace parasol in my hand and was dancing with Klaus by my side.

Behind us was a marching band playing a bright jazz tune, along with the rest of the wedding guests, who were dancing and having a great time in the streets. We partied back to the compound and danced.

"I always did like it when you danced with me." I said and Klaus smiled.

He leaned down and kissed me, I smiled into it as we continued to slow dance. White pedals fell above us and I smiled at him. Everybody watched and Klaus pulled away. He spun me and I landed in Stefan's arms.

"Ok, I wasn't expecting my husband to do that." Stefan laughed and spun me around as I smiled. He pulled me back and we continued to dance.

"You're lucky I'm even dancing in the first place. But it's your wedding." Stefan said and I smiled.

"Yeah it is." I said and continued to dance with my little brother.

"You know it's going to take some time for Damon and I to get used to begin related to them now. And by the way how dare you not tell us that Hayley was your great, great, great niece." Stefan said and I laughed.

"It was never the right time to tell you." I said and Damon walked up to us.

"May I steal Mrs. Mikaelson from you." Damon asked him. Stefan happily handed me over to our older brother. We danced and I smiled at him. "Mom would be proud of you right now."

"I know. I wish she was here." I said and he nodded.

"We all do." Damon said and I smiled as he dipped me. It made me laugh as he pulled me back up. The band stopped playing and I saw Klaus walk down the steps with Hope and Shawn in his arms. I stopped dancing with Damon and pulled away from him

"Ladies and gentlemen, may I have your attention please? Alex, if you would join me, I would like to propose a toast." I looked at Klaus surprised, but I reluctantly joined my husband at the front of the room and took Shawn into my arms. What are you doing?

"I want to welcome you all. As you know, last spring, Alex and I had twins. One boy and one girl. Due to tragic circumstance, they were lost. Now, they have returned home. Their names are Shawn and Hope." The guests gasp and began to murmur amongst themselves about this revelation. "They will live here among you, their pack. Their family. We implore you - protect our children. Teach them. Love them, as one of your own." Klaus said to everyone.

In the crowd, I saw Jackson and Hayley nod at Klaus in agreement. Klaus took a glass of champagne from a nearby tray. My brothers continued to watch us from the crowd, and Klaus smiled at them before continuing his toast.

"Jackson and Hayley, you are two of Alex's closest friend, so I invite you two to live here, uniting your proud and noble people in peace. Welcome to the family." Klaus said. Jackson and Hayley nodded at him again.

"To Klaus and Alex!" I heard Caroline yell and various guest said cheers. Damon then walked over to where Klaus was and stood next to him.

"Now, I have a toast to my lovely sister and her husband." Damon said and turned to us. I rolled my eyes as Klaus looked at him surprised. Stefan walked up to me and smiled.

"Oh god." I murmured and Stefan chuckled as he took Hope from Klaus.

"Now, this was my little brother and I's speech, but he thought I should say. You got your happy ending sister." Damon said and I smiled at him. "You have a husband and two perfect children. You would have made mom and dad so proud right now. Stefan and I both love you so dearly and even when we didn't like Klaus all that much, we still let you be with him because he made you happy."