Chapter 23

AIex's P.O.V

I was talking with Marcel, who was holding the vial of Jackson's blood, in my old shack. "Klaus called, it was all just a plan to keep us distracted. He's going after them, I have to get there." I said worried to Marcel.

"Whoa, wait! You said so yourself, it's six hours away. Finn's already there." Marcel said to me.

"I can't just stand here and do nothing, Marcel!" I said and freaked out.

"You listen to me - there is no way that Elijah is gonna let anything happen to your babies today! So, go help Jackson and Hayley build the army that'll help keep them safe tomorrow." Marcel said to me and I sighed anxiously, but knew he was right. After a moment, I nodded at him in agreement before leaving to go find them.

~

Outside Mary's cabin, she had a sheet of parchment, which the Alphas of the other packs signed as part of the ritual to induct them into the Crescent Wolf Clan. Mary had crushed herbs into a paste, which she smeared onto the bottom of the treaty.

"After the anointing of the Alphas, will be the final seal of our -" She stopped talking and gaped as Gia and the rest of the vampires swarmed around Jackson, and the Alphas, looking hungry and weakened.

When Jackson looked up and noticed them, he watched as Gia's eye-veins started to pop out in hunger. Suddenly, all the vampires started to attack the Alphas, and Jackson rushed towards them to try to break it up.

"Gia, you don't have to do this!" Jackson said and Gia looked guiltily.

"I'm sorry, but I do." She vamps-out and started to feed on one of the Alphas, while another vampire rushed towards Jackson. Jackson picked up a piece of wood to stake the vampire, but I stopped Jackson from killing him as I tried to break them up.

"No!" I said and Jackson looked at me confused. Marcel intervened and broke the neck of the vampire trying to attack Jackson.

"We just need to keep them at bay until Finn's spell is breaks." He said to Jackson, Hayley, and I.

"It's a hell of a spell!" Hayley said and I snapped the neck of the vampire trying to attack her.

"Get the Alphas to the cabin. I'll hold them off." I said to Jackson, Hayley, and Marcel. They do as they are told and lead the Alphas to Mary's cabin while Marcel followed behind them.

"Try and keep my guys alive." Marcel said to me and I nodded.

"Ditto!" I said and punched a vampire in the face before snapping the necks of two of them in a row with one hand. Hayley and Jackson got the Alphas and Mary safely into the cabin, and they locked themselves in.

~

The fight soon stopped and Hayley ran over to me. She hugged me and I hugged her back. "Are you ok?" She asked and I nodded.

"Yeah, you two ok?" I asked and they both nodded.

"We're fine." Jackson said and I nodded before speeding away.

I got to the compound and walked up to Klaus' room. I walked up to him and hugged him, he hugged me back and I pulled away. "Hope, Shawn -"

"They're safe, Elijah and Cami are on the road." Klaus said and I sighed.

"We need to get married fast as possible. What happened with the vampires in the Bayou won't be the end of it." I said and Klaus nodded, then kissed my head.

"Then we'll get married tomorrow." Klaus said and I looked at him shocked.

"Ok, maybe not that fast."

"You're right Alex, we need to unite your people soon as possible and in order to do that we have to get married." Klaus said and I sighed.

"Tomorrow it is then."