The Finale

Rocky lightly knocked on a window. The big dog inside opened it, shock spreading across his face. "May I come inside?" Rocky asked politely. Still surprised, Duke allowed him to enter. "I'm afraid I come with bad news, my friend," he spoke quietly, sitting down on the floor. Looking into Duke's eyes, the Pomeranian said, "Max no longer wants you here, he told me everything! He said that you're rude, you're stinky, you're stupid, you're clumsy. But most of all, Max said that he is ashamed to be your brother and friend." With each new piece of news, Duke's face turned from shock into anger. Upset, he stormed out of the apartment through the window, shouldering Max as he passed.

Curiosity filled Max. He had only left for ten minutes to find Snowball, only to have no luck finding him. Now he comes back home to find Duke in a bad mood. Stepping into the apartment, Max found Rocky sitting in the middle of the room. "What did you tell him?!" Max demanded, his tail held high. Surprised, Rocky explained, "I only told him what my daughter told me! You see, Gidget doesn't want to date you anymore. She confessed to me that she had been secretly meeting a handsome Pomeranian around these parts."

Max felt like he had been speared through his heart. Blinking away tears, he stomped out, wanting to speak with Gidget. Rocky smiled evilly, his plan working perfectly. Suddenly, an air vent opened up, revealing a confused guinea pig. "Do you know where my apartment is, sir?" Norman asked politely.

Shaking his head, Rocky added, "However, I have some bad news for you, little one." He beckoned the guinea pig closer and whispered something in his ear. "No, it can't be..." Norman whispered to himself, backing away. Choking back tears, he ran into the air vents...