Lunch

Max gulped, feeling Rocky's gaze burning into his soul as he took a bite out of his sandwich. Gidget sat beside him, quietly eating her own lunch. In fact, everyone ate in silence. Clearing her throat, Linda finally broke the wall of silence as she asked, "Gidget, aren't you going to introduce us to your friends?"

Swallowing a bite, Gidget smiled faintly and began the introductions, "Mel, Buddy, and Sweetpea are over there while Leonard is next to Ozone. Tiberius, my best friend, is sitting there next to Norman. Pops and Chloe, one of my other best friends, are over here while Snowball, Duke, and Max are to my right." Max noticed that she didn't say anything about him being her boyfriend, so he didn't say anything either.

"Max and Gidget make a lovely couple!" Mel called out, receiving dirty looks from the other pets around him. Clearly, the pug hadn't gotten the message. Anger flashed in Rocky's eyes as he stood up and stomped over to the bedroom. "DAUGHTER!" he barked, making the fur on Max's back stand up. Whimpering, Gidget slowly got up on her feet and followed her father. Her mother trailed beside her, her face showing sympathy and worry. When all three were in the bedroom, Rocky glared at Max with hatred before slamming the door.

"Well that was extremely harsh," Chloe observed, taking another bite of her sandwich.