Chapter 8

Chapter 8

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I followed him back to the foyer, and that’s when I noticed the staircases. How blind am I? I usually noticed everything. I’m very observant, but I guess not this time, I must have been really nervous, and not have noticed.

“Hey, where are ya‘ll going?” Riley asked teasingly.

“None of your business.” Everett said, as he pushed passed Riley towards the stairs, I was close enough to Everett to see him throw a smirk Luke’s way.

“To talk.” I whispered to Riley as I passed him, I gave Luke an apologetic look, but all he did was frown at Everett’s back. “I‘ll be back soon, I promise.” I spoke to him getting his attention.

“Alright, but hurry back.” He grabbed my face, and gave me a gentle kiss. “I love you.” he whispered.

“Hurry up Michelle, or you‘ll have to find your own way.” I looked up to see him already on top of the stairs, his back against the wall, with his arms crossed. Staring straight ahead.

“What crawled up his ass all of a sudden?” I mumbled, as I hurried up the stairs.

As soon as I got to the top of the stairs, he wasn’t even there. The jerk didn’t even wait for me. I turned my head to the left to see the empty hallway, then to the right, the way he walked off to, and hurryingly followed him.

Along the way, I saw pictures hanging on the wall, from when he was younger. He was such a cute little boy, I smiled at each one.

“Feelings coming back yet?” Everett whispered in my ear from behind, making me jump slightly.

A small blush crept up my neck, and I was glad he was behind me. “You wish.” I whispered back.

His chuckle stopped short.

“Everett?”

I looked up, and down the hall to see Jaclyn standing there in a silk robe. Everett stepped away from me, and quickly in front of me, and answered back. “Yes?”

“Could you be a doll, and go fetch me a bottle of water?” She smiled brightly at him, as she started to walk our way.

I snorted to myself. ‘Fetch? What is he a dog?’

He sighed slightly, and turned. “Sure.”

Woof.

“And then we could go back to my room, and have some alone time?” She pressed herself against his side, and gave me a quick glance to make sure I saw, but I focused on Everett’s posture. He had froze instantly. His jaw was clenched, and before I could look at the ground, or advert my gaze to one of the pictures hanging, he stared at me.

His deep green eyes kept me from looking away. Slowly he unclenched his jaw, his body relaxed, as if me being there made him calm.

“How about it honey?” She purred into his ear.

Disgusting. Is that how I sounded to Luke at the gas station? I really hope not.

Pulling away from her, he put on a smile. “I don‘t think so. Maybe some other time when I don‘t have guests over.” he tilted his head to the side, jerking it at me, and with that walking away.

I turned back to her, once Everett had started descending the stairs. Only to meet hurtful, glaring eyes. “Nice outfit.” I muttered, since she wasn’t going to say anything. And Give her a once over look.

She was in a very pink, thin, silk robe, wearing clear high heels. And I’m guessing something sluttier underneath. To me, the whole outfit screamed, ‘I’m a hooker.’