Chapter 6

Happy Belated Birthday, to loveomg, hope it was wonderful!(:

Chapter 6

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Natalie was now ten months, she was growing so fast. It makes me want to cry knowing she can walk without falling too much now, and that she can hold her sippy cups herself now too. A lot of her teeth came in, and some still on the way, which I felt horrible about, because what am I suppose to do?

It breaks my heart when I feel like I can’t to anything to help, I’m always scared to put some of that tooth ache cream, fearing I might put too much, or too little, so I let my mom do it. But when my mom isn’t there I feel helpless, and so I just rock Natalie to sleep, to get her away from the pain.

She was also understanding a little more, but I know she’ll understand a whole lot more once she had her surgery, which was in two months. It was killing me knowing I had to wait, and that my baby was going to have her first surgery at one year, and I’m praying that’ll be the only surgery she’ll ever have.

I heard the door open, to my apartment and a voice follow, breaking me from my train of thought. “Babe?”

I instantly smiled, loving the sound of his voice. “In here.” I tried to keep my voice low, since Natalie was taking her usual nap.

Luke’s schedule was always seven to one, or whatever he asked for the day before. Which I liked it, since he could come home early, and then if he had a photography session, he usually took me and Natalie with him, but today he didn’t have one, meaning it was ‘our’ time together, and it was even better since it was our four month anniversary.

I felt bad because, even I didn’t remember. Cross out bad, I felt horrible.

Sighing, I had a mini flash back to this morning;

“Baby.” I felt one of Luke’s hand go to my bare stomach, my shirts always manage to find there way up, and it was somewhat frustrating.

I turned in bed, now burying myself into his chest. “Hmm.” I managed in my sleepy state.

Kissing my neck, he murmured against my skin. “Wake up.”

I placed my freezing hand back under the covers, and against his warm chest. “Mh mm.” I wanted to say no, but that was all I could manage.

He tensed, and used one of his hands to cover mine, he was so warm. “You always have freezing hands.” he chuckled. “Babe, do you know what today is?” He whispered, kissing my neck again.

I groaned, not out of annoyance, but because it felt good. “No.” I forced out of my desert of a mouth. I needed some water pronto.

“I‘ll remind you in a bit, I‘m going to shower.” Kissing my cheek, he left the bed, forcing me to stay warm all by myself.

A few minutes later, I started to wake up more, and I was thankful Natalie was still sleeping, she usually a good sleeper at night, hardly waking up, unless she‘s hungry or thirsty, or needs a changing. I went to the bathroom real quick to brush my teeth, and everything else.

I rushed back in bed, and covered myself, letting the warmth, warm me up again. I heard footsteps coming back into the room, I didn‘t bother lifting the covers from my head. Until I smelled pancakes, and… flowers?

I didn‘t have to life the comforter off, because Luke beat me to it. “Finally awake?” He smirked.

“Yes.” I held on to the ‘s’.

That’s until I saw the tray he set on the bed, the aroma of pancakes, going up my nose, making my stomach growl.

Wait… Breakfast in bed? I smiled up at him. “What‘s this for?”

He positioned the tray on my lap, after I fixed myself in a sitting position, my back against the back board. He sat next to me, in a pair of his fitted dark jeans, and a red button up shirt, his sleeves rolled to his elbow. “Happy Anniversary baby.” He whispered.

I felt my heart drop. Not because of what he said, or this romantic gesture, but because I forgot. How the hell could I forget this?

“Oh my god.” My hand covered my mouth. I slowly turned to him.

He cupped my cheek, with one of his hands, as the other pushed my hair out of the way. “Michelle? I hope those are happy tears.” he sort of chuckled.

I started to nod, then I shook my head, trying to tell him that wasn‘t the reason I was tearing up. “No, I…”

“You don‘t… like it?” he dropped his hand cupping my cheek, keeping the other stroking my hair.

“No, I do..“ I managed, as I took a deep breath. “It‘s just,.. I forgot.” I pulled away from him, and covered my face.

Laughing he grabbed one chin between his thumb and index finger, causing me to drop my hands. “Michelle, it‘s fine.”

“No, it‘s not.” One of the tears spilled over, and soon the other followed.

“I promise, it‘s fine.” he murmured against my cheek.

“But..” I sniffled.

“No, no buts about it.” He moved his lips to mine.

I pulled away, still wanting to talk about it, and how bad I feel. “Luke.. ”

“No,” he mumbled over my lips. “I‘m not mad, or anything, but I would love if you would kiss me, before I go to work.”

I smiled slightly, as I leaned my forehead against his. “I love you.”

“And I love you.” He kissed me with more intensity, causing my tray of breakfast to shift on my lap.

He started to pull away when his phone beeped. “No.” I whined, grabbing the back of his neck.

“I have to go.” he whispered, pulling away from me.

Sighing I let go, “Come back to me soon?”

“Very soon.” He swiftly kissed me, and go off the bed. “And be ready, we‘re going to have dinner later today, okay?”

I brightened up at the thought. “Really?”

“Really. Chinese too.”

I started grinning, I’ve been craving it for far to long. “Great!”

“See you later babe. And be ready.”

I nodded, and started to get out to walk him to the door.

“It‘s fine, bye babe.” One last kiss on my cheek, and he was gone.

A pair of warm lips, broke my flash back. “Oh, hey.” I smiled.

“How are my beautiful girls doing today?” He sat next to me on the couch, putting his arm to rest on my shoulders.

“Good.”

“And looks like you didn’t forget about our date tonight.”

“No, but my dress might be wrinkled by now.” I gestured with my chin, down at Natalie cradled in my arms, my red floral dress felt wrinkled, and was going to be, I could just feel it.

“Doesn’t matter, you’ll still look beautiful,.. “ he paused for a moment, and corrected himself. ”You both look beautiful.” He kissed Natalie’s head, noticing I put her in a navy blue dress, with a ribbon tied at the waist, with navy blue sandals. Her hair in a ponytail, it was a good thing she had naturally wavy hair, unlike mine. I loved the way her hair waved in the ponytail, sometimes I wish she had straight hair so it would be easier to tame, and brush, but then I think again, I’m glad she does have this wavy hair.

“And you look great too.” I laughed, hoping he got what I meant.

Laughing he answered. “I‘m still in the clothes I went to work in.”

“It‘s okay, I know Natalie and I are starving though.”

“Alright, well, what are we waiting for?”

I shrugged, “You?”

Smiling, he pulled me up from the couch. “Go to the bathroom, and .. Freshen up, or whatever it is you do, I got Natalie.”

Nodding, I slowly handed her over, and as soon as I let go of her, she started crying, but as soon as she felt she was in someone else’s arms she quieted down, and went back to her little nap. Oh, how she loves sleeping in someone’s arms. She’s going to cry so bad once she has to start sleeping by herself when she’s older, but hopefully that won’t be for a while.

“I‘ll be right back.” I ran back up the stairs, and to my bathroom. I noticed I had forgotten to curl my eye lashes, and reapplied my chap stick, and tried to smoothed out the wrinkled in my dress the best I could, and over all, I was satisfied with the way I looked today.

Slowly, I walked back down the stairs, to see what Luke was doing. Natalie had woken up, and I saw him playing hide n’ seek with her behind the couch, and recliners. She was laughing, trying to catch up to him, and every now and then she would stumble, but wouldn’t fall, she always ended up catching herself on the chairs.

But soon enough, she fell, tripping over the carpet. Luke watched her, his eyes wide, and I saw she was looking up at him, not knowing if she could cry, get back up, or what. But she soon started crying, holding her arms up for him to carry her.

Luke gave her a soft smile, as he walked over to her, picking her up. Hearing my foot steps he spoke up. “She ended up tripping.” He shrugged one of his shoulders smiling slightly as her rocked her.

Nodding, I walked up to them, and spoke to Natalie. “Did you fall beautiful?” I asked making a sad face.

Suddenly she stopped crying, stared at me sniffling, her head laying on his shoulder. She stared at me, as if wondering what to do. Her eyes started tearing up again, and lifted her arms to me.

“Awww.” I laughed, as Luke passed her back to me.

“She love you so.” Luke kissed my forehead.

“I know..” I smiled. “either that or she‘s just super hungry.” I snorted.

“Well, we better get going beautifuls.”

~_~

I felt my hands sweating once I noticed which Chinese restaurant he had picked.

The one Everett had taken me too. When it was Valentines day.

I clenched and unclenched my fist. Did he know? About Everett, and who he really was?

I looked at Luke from the corner of my eye. He focused straight as he turned the car off. “Ready?” he smiled in my direction.

I nodded stiffly, and let out a deep breath. “Ready.” I smiled back at him.

He knew the basics about Everett, not that he was my teacher. That was the only thing I left out. I told him about the Corpus trip, and how he was a few years older than me, and how he was getting married… just, everything.

Climbing out of the car, I instantly went to the back to grab Natalie, only to remember she was on Lukes side of the car. “I got her.” He slowly undid her buckles, and picked her up, waking her in the process.

I made my way to the front of the car, and waited for them.

Natalie rubbed her eyes, and peered around. She found me, and pointed to the restaurant. “Mmm!”

Nodding, I replied. “Yes, food.”  I smiled.

She smiled, and leaned her head against Lukes chest, still tired. “Lets go babe.” He held his hand out for me to grab. Hesitating for a second I grabbed it, intertwining our fingers.

“Your hand‘s sweaty.” he chuckled as he held open the door. “Nervous, or are you hiding something?” he laughed.

I froze in the doorway. He knew.

“Babe.” his voice brought me back from my thoughts, and I noticed I was in the way of an elderly couple exiting.

I put a smile on my face, and apologized as I moved out of the way. “I‘m so sorry.”

“Oh, don‘t worry dear.” The elder women smiled at me, as she patted my arm. She looked over my shoulder noticing Luke, holding Natalie. “Such a good husband.” She smiled at Luke.

I looked over my shoulder to see Luke blushing, as I did too. “Oh, no, no,” I laughed sheepishly. “He‘s my boyfriend ma‘am.”

She spoke to her husband, he nodded, and exited. “May I speak with your lovely girl?” She asked Luke.

“Of course.” He smiled, and made his way inside the restaurant to find us a booth.

I turned back towards the elderly woman. “You still miss him, huh?”

“Excuse me?” my eyes widened at what she had said.

“Your daughters father.” She patted my shoulder lightly. “My daughter had the same thing happen to her. She found herself with their child. He didn’t want to be apart of it at first, and found himself happy with someone else, and soon she found herself someone, a few months down the line.”

We sat on the bench outside the restaurant, and I was too into the story to care about my hunger, or thirst. It could wait.

I nodded for her to go on, and she did. “But yet, my daughter found herself still thinking about her childs father, even thought she had found someone that she thought was ‘the one‘, she couldn‘t stop thinking about him. She usually asked herself, what would have happened if he had stayed. Or if he came back.”

“Right.” I whispered.

“Soon enough, they found there way back to each other. She forgave him, after much effort I might add, and to this day, they‘re still married to each other, and are still going strong.”

I felt my heart swell, at the thought of Everett coming back to me. But I couldn’t think like that, I loved Luke.

I sighed inwardly, I can’t afford to think of the ‘what if’ questions again. Not now, and not when I’m finally found someone that made me so happy.

“It‘s tough being in your position, I‘m sure.” She grabbed my hand that was in my lap and gave it a soft squeeze. “But in the end, you‘ll choose who you‘ll want to be with for the rest of your life. You can‘t have both in your life, like some girls wish they could.”

I smiled, and squeezed her hand back. “Thank you so much for sharing this with me.”

She laughed. “Of course dear, but look like I have to get going. It was so nice talking to you.”

“Same with you. Take care.” I stood up as she did, and gave her a hug.

“You too sweetie.” She kissed my cheek, and off she went in the direction he husband went.

I sat back down on the bench, feeling like Katniss again. Or maybe Bella. I choose Luke… right?

Shoving the thought down, I stood up, smoothed my dress, and headed inside to find my boyfriend.

Soon I found them in a booth closest to the buffet of food. Kissing my cheek as we settled in the booth, he asked. “Advice giver?”

Nodding, I looked down at the plate of food. It had all my favorite on there. Beef and broccoli, a egg roll, some noodles, and assorted chicken. “Thank you.” I nodded towards the plate. “And yes, some good advice actually.”

“Like what?”

I hesitated for a second. “Complicated stuff.” I answered finally.

“Like, not knowing who to pick?”

He knows about Everett, and is waiting for me to tell him. A small pit of anger started bubbling. I hated that he wouldn’t ask me straight forward.

“Who said anything about picking?” I popped a chuck of beef in my mouth.

Sighing he faced me after shoveling some fried rice into Natalies waiting mouth. “Michelle, don‘t lie to me, I know you think about him at least.”

I stared at him from across the table. “We‘re suppose to be having a nice dinner, and talking about us. Not someone that doesn‘t matter.” I whispered.

Shaking his head, he disagreed. “He does Michelle. Soon you‘re going to realized that it‘s not me you want..” He stared at me, no emotion on his face, but a flash of hurt ran across his eyes. “It‘ll be him.”

“Are you doubting my feelings for you?”

“No, Michelle, I‘m just saying-”

“Stop.” I whispered harshly.

“We need to talk about this Michelle.”

“This?” I laughed without humor. “Stop beating around the bush Luke.” I felt myself getting irritated.

“Alright.” he sighed. “Let‘s talk about Everett.”

“And if I don‘t want too?” I placed another spoonful of fried rice in Natalies waiting mouth.

“It has to happen sooner or later.” he stated as he sipped his drink.

“I vote for later.” I sighed.

“You always are, that‘s why we need to get it over with, so I know I‘m not wasting my time.”

Wasting his time? That was it. “How dare you.” I stood up, and picked up Natalie from her chair, causing her bottom lip to jut out, and quiver, she was still hungry, but I wasn’t about to sit here, and get talked to like that.

“Michelle,” he stood up his eyes wide, his hands in front of him telling me to wait, and hear him out. “ that came out totally wrong.”

“Damn right.” I spat out in a hush voice.

I tried to move around him, but he blocked my view, I noticed a few of the families dining we looking at us from the corner of their eyes. “I meant..” he hesitated.

“Save it.” I moved to the other side of him, only to have him block my way again.  “I‘m just another girl on your list.”

“No, no, that‘s not it at all!” He called after me.

I made it around him, and rushed to the door, and was out before he grabbed my arm. “If I‘m wasting your time, then fucking leave.”

His eyes widen at my sudden profanity, and then soften once he saw my tear that rolled down my cheek. “Babe.. I‘m sorry.” he whispered.  And that’s when I noticed we had our first fight.

I took a deep breath. “Everett was my teacher, yes. Was it a mistake, or regrettable? Absolutely not.” I told him honestly. “But that was the past, and right now, is the present, and I‘m happy with you. Not him.” I took another deep breath.  “So just believe me. Please?”

“I do.” he wiped one of my tear streaks away.

“Good.” I nodded, and sniffled, trying to smile.

“No more questions, I promise. Let‘s just enjoy the rest of the evening.” He grabbed my hand, and held the door open for me.

I gave him a soft smile. “Sound good.”

“So..” he started as we headed back to our table. “Do you miss him?”

As soon as I placed Natalie in her highchair I punched him in the chest. “Jerk.” I muttered, once I saw his grin on his face. He was joking.

Hopefully we can salvage the rest of the evening.

“Hey!” I know that voice anywhere. “See, I told you they would be here.” Riley nudged Miles in the side.

“Yeah, whatever.” Miles sighed. Tired from work again.

“So.” Riley shoved his way next to Luke. “You guys doing the ‘deed’ tonight?” he wiggled his eyebrows.

“Riley!” I kicked him under the chair, but got Luke instead.

“Ouch.” he winced.

“Sorry.” I gave him an apologetic look.

“That means yes.” Riley winked at Miles.

“Idiot.” he muttered. “Riley thought you guys wouldn‘t mind, if we joined you. But it‘s obvious you guys wanted some alone time.” He gave Riley a pointed look.

“But they don‘t look like they mind.”

“That doesn’t mean they‘ll tell us.”

“Guys, it‘s fine, really.” I smiled. “Join us if you want.”

“Ha, told you.” Riley snorted.

“You lack a lot of brains bro.” Miles murmured, as he slid in next to me.

Never a dull moment with my boys, I smiled to myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N:

Same thing still applies for the comments. I dedicated each chapter to the comment that sticks out most to me… or if it‘s your birthday, lol.

Vote. Vote. Vote.
Comment.
Fan.
And all that good stuff<3

-Stephanie.(: