⋰"Chapter 1"⋱

█ █ █
Edds first day at school was like no other, his mother mouthing off like he understands her, he understood half of what she said, although it didn't really matter; all he wanted was a normal day at school after all, it wasn't possible and he knew that as well, but he hoped for the best. The car stopped in front of the new school, it wasn't for special people or deaf people, but a regular school, he saluted his mother goodbye as she kissed his forehead. Exiting the car, he moved his hair to cover up his face, although, nothing was really underneath, just a pair of eyes, eitherway, many eyes were glued to him. He never really minded nor cared, not knowing the compliments or insults being thrown at him made him feel somewhat better. Entering the school, more and more beady eyes followed his every move until he approached his own locker, choosing what he needed for his classes and stuffed it into his backpack. Closing the locker quietly, a tall ginger man pinned him to the wall, most likely a bully, he was correct since the ginger grabbed his backpack and dumped out all his things onto the cold, multicolored floor. "Whatcha gonna do about it little boy?", although he understood what he said, for him it didn't really matter. Edd bent down and reached for his notepad and blue pen, writing. He held up the paper with such great handwriting, it's so easy to read. It read:
"I'm deaf"
The gingers blue eyes widened, for the first time, he actually felt guilty for bullying someone, especially if it's a deaf kid. Standing there, Matt put all his things inside Edd's backpack, handing it over, he smiled. "Sorry for dumping all your shit to the floor", but all Edd understood was that he was sorry, but he accepted it and showed him a thumbs up with a small smile plastered on his pale face. Matt's face had a light tint of pink, he shaked it off and walked away, stuffing his hands into his purple zip-up jacket, the bell immediately rang, startling Edd, appearently, he had first period with the bully once more; which was first period math, eitherway, the only thing that scared him was introducing himself. There were two teachers in the classroom, well, he thought one wasn't a teacher but clearly was. A middle aged woman in school like clothing waved at him, obviously the math teacher. Then a brown haired girl with blond tips, different colored eyes, dressed like a teacher which was odd. She waved at him and smiled as he waved back, she motioned him to introduce himself. Pulling out a red pen instead, he wrote quickly to try to not waste time.
" Hello! I'm Edd and I'm a deaf kid, so i guess it isn't important but yeah, hi hello fellow classroom people."
He put it under the projector for everyone to see, they didn't want to waste time on questions so class continued afterwards, he sat in front of his lady friend, basically somewhat his age.
As soon as class ended, he was supposed to follow this female around every class except for P.E since the teacher knows sign language. Either way, he slowly noticed that he had every class with the bully, but he couldn't do anything and didn't either. The girl began talking with Edd.
" How are you doing Edd, by the way i like you're hairstyle. "
" I'm feeling pretty good, not to much, ginger head pinned me and started to say rude things, I'm not sure. "
" I'll talk too him. "
He tried to use his hands to say her name, but he didn't know her name nor would see him using sign language, he scribbled in his notebook and threw it at her. But she dodged it and it hit Matt's back. Edd's eyes widened as so did his, the girl backed away and just stood there. He read it and looked at him then the girl.
" Is this for you?.."
" Yep, it was from your little buddy over there..", she spoke using words, Edd wasn't okay anymore, he thought that she was just like him, but wasn't.
" Whatever, tell him he's stupid and has an ugly ass face!.."
" Hah, like i would, too bad he'd say the same about you. Dumbass..", she spat and walked away, he stood there and clenched his fists, Matt exhaled and continued walking away. The girl took Edd's pen and wrote in it as well.
" You like this ginger butthole? Really? "
" Shut up. I never said i did anyways.. "
" Why'd you stop me then? "
" Because he'd kill me! "
" No he wouldn't, your a DEAF kid, he wouldn't hurt you.. "
" Like you know what it feels like to be deaf, all i am is skin and bone. im flawed, he wouldn't care anyways... ", he showed her it before entering Social Studies, not letting her respond, because he officially pissed him off. Never a good thing. That was until, their special project was soon to come...
█ █ █
--
Total words : 848