Chapter 31

(I blame everything in this chapter on the music I'm listening to, so be prepared)

"What?"

"Will you, Lucy Heartfilia, go to prom with me?" Natsu asked, a slight smirk playing on his mouth.

"Of course! I would love too!" I say excitedly. I jump up from my seat and wrap my arms around Natsu. I could tell some people were staring but oh well. I step away from Natsu to find that he's blushing. Behind Natsu though I could see Dan fuming, with smoke practically coming out of his ears. And I couldn't help but smirk.

{TIMESKIP TO AFTER SCHOOL CUZ WHY NOT}

Natsu and I were walking out the front doors of the school when I noticed that Natsu's shoulders were dropping and he looked sad. I frowned before I took his hand and pulled us to the side of the school.

"What's wrong Natsu? You've been acting weird ever since lunch. Is everything ok?" I ask.

"Hehe, everything's perfectly fine! Don't worry," Natsu said with a forced smile.

"Natsu, what's wrong?" I demanded.

He sighed. "I...I just found out this morning that...that after I graduate my father expects me... he expects to takeover his business."

I gasped and said, "Really? But, is that what you want?"

"Of course not! I'm no business man and I can guarantee you that, once I takeover the business, it'll fail. I can't make complicated decisions, hell I can't even keep up in math! So how does Igneel expect me to run a multi-million business!" Natsu exclaimed, his hands exaggerating his words.

"Natsu, calm down! I'm sure it won't be that bad! And you'll have managers and assistants to help you every step of the way. You'll do just fine!" I try to explain. Natsu stares at me until he sighs and nods. "Ok then. Shall we go home now?"

Natsu and I start walking to his house since we had a project we had to do in History. The walk over to Natsu's house was practically silent, except for a few words here and there. But when we got to Natsu's driveway, Natsu stopped and stared at the car in the driveway.

"What's wrong Natsu?"

"I've never seen that car before. Which means there's a stranger in my house."

Natsu sprinted up the steps to his front door. He opened the door but stopped dead in his tracks. I caught up to him but had peek over his shoulder to see what was wrong.

There was a man standing in the foyer talking to Igneel. Igneel looked distraught but as he looked towards Natsu and I, his expression didn't change. The man Igneel was talking to turned around as well to see what had interrupted their conversation. The man had coal black hair, and eyes that were so dark they looked black. He was wearing a black suit with gold trim and had a white tie.

"Dad, what's going on? And who is this?" Natsu asked while stepping into the house. I followed after him, making sure to close the door. I noticed the black haired man staring at Natsu with a distant smile on his face.

"Natsu, you should probably sit down for what I'm about to tell you." Igneel told Natsu.

"No! I'm not doing anything until he-" Natsu says while pointing at the man, "- explains who he is and what he's doing here!"

"Natsu. Calm down. He's only here to-"

"I'm here to discuss business with Mr. Igneel." The stranger said.

"And what sort of business would that be?" I ask. Igneel and the man look up at me as if they just realized I was there.

The man smiled before saying,"The kind of business that involves taking over Igneel's company."

Natsu looked from Igneel to the man before saying,"But how are you supposed to run my fathers company when it's supposed to go to me? Last time I checked, you weren't the oldest one in the Dragneel family. And you probably aren't even a Dragneel! Just some greedy business man!"

"Natsu!" Igneel and I say at the same time.

"No it's quite fine. But you see Natsu, we are quite closer than you think." The man said.

"Oh yeah?" Natsu asked, standing up to stare the man in the face. "And how is that?"

"Well, my name is Zeref. Zeref Dragneel. And I am your brother."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I initially wanted to create a long chapter that would finish this book, but then I decided that would be brutal. And I don't exactly have the energy. So I will probably publish either 2-3 more chapters and maybe an epilogue. Maybe.

Side note: This book has over 5,000 reads! Crazy, I know. Especially when you rarely update. It must be magic.

And MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Or HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! Whichever one you prefer.

And I'm not sorry for any typos. Cuz I'm tired. And it's been a while. Sorry.

-FairySlayer7
Stay Fabulous!