Chapter 19

I started out running back to my house at full speed but I stopped shortly after I started. I got more than half way running and I decided to go the rest of the way walking. I put in earbuds and started listening to music. I put it in shuffle but most of it was Melanie Martinez.

As I was walking, I started to quietly sing to myself. Although there wasn't anybody else outside, I still didn't want to risk the chance of someone hearing me. I would be so embarrassed! I got to block my apartment was on when I got the feeling someone was watching me. Or following me. I casually took out my earbuds, trying to act normal. I put them in my bag and then whirled around.

I was being followed but not by some serial killer maniac that wanted to kidnap me, like I thought.

It was Lisanna.

She was still a good distance behind me but she was waving her arm and shouting my name. She was also running but it looked like she was gonna pass out. When she got to where I was, she stopped and put her hands on her knees. She was breathing heavily and didn't say anything. Then she sprung up, which made me jump, and smiled.

"Wow Lucy! You can run extremely fast! I don't know how I caught up with you! Anyway, I need your help on something." Lisanna said.

"Help you with what, exactly?" I asked. I don't really have that many classes with Lisanna and in the ones we have together, we don't have projects. At least not projects together.

"Ok so, I may of been eavesdropping on Erza when she was talking on the phone, and I may of heard her say something about going on a date. She said where and when and I wrote it down, but she caught me before I was able to escape. So Erza made me swear that I won't do anything stupid and I said sure but I don't think I can keep that promise. So do you think you can help me find out who she's seeing and then we can help her mysterious date make her fall in love with them!" Lisanna said.

I chewed my lip as I contemplated what she said. If Erza caught us, we would be dead. But I didn't have anything planned and I also didn't have any homework so I would be bored.

"Why not? I got nothin else to do. Plus this could be really! Or a really bad idea, but who cares!" I say enthusiastically.

"That's the spirit! Ok, Erza's date doesn't start till 6:30 and it's currently 5:25, so we have plenty of time to come up with a plan and code names." Lisanna said. She said it with so much confidence I wondered if she's done this before. I nod and we decide to set up base in my apartment. When she enters, Lisanna gasps a little and looks around.

"I really like your apartment Lucy! It's so nice. Think I could move in?" Lisanna said jokingly.

I laughed and said, "I'll think about it!" We both laughed and dumped our bags on the couch. I went into my room and grabbed a whole bunch of paper. When I came back to the main area, I caught Lisanna smuggling snacks. I sneaked up behind her and whispered boo. She jumped into the air and made a weird sound. I started laughing but she scolded me for scaring her.

I laid the paper on a table near the kitchen and grabbed some markers. Lisanna had decided to eat some Oreos and she had a plate full of them. I took one but she slapped my hand away. I sighed and started drawing.

"Apparently Erza will be meeting with this mysterious person at a cafe called Heart Krùez. Then from there on, they'll be going to the near park and at 8:00 they will part ways." Lisanna said.

"Isn't Heart Krùez that new place that specializes in cakes and other sweets?" I ask. I heard that they had the best cakes in town but I was just making sure. Lisanna nodded.

"Erza loves cake. So they'll probably be eating there. Then they'll just be hanging out with each other." Lisanna said. She was probably trying to think of different ways to help without being spotted. Lisanna motioned to the paper and I got ready to draw and/or write.

Lisanna and I spent about 15 minutes mapping out different routes and the layouts of the cafe and park. We then spent more time on different plans and how not to draw too much attention. We then finally decided that in the cafe, Lisanna will talk to the mysterious guy and give him tips and helpful information or Erza so that they'll hopefully date. And so Erza doesn't know, Lisanna somehow convinced me to sing at the cafe to get everyone's attention. Then, at the park, we'll follow behind them to make sure everything is going smooth. If everything looks ok, then we're going to leave early and celebrate over ice cream.

"What about our code names?" Lisanna asked me. I shrugged. I was as clueless as she was. Then her face lit up and she smiled.

"I'll be lasagna and you can be Mrs. Dragneel!" Lisanna said happily.

"What!? Nononononononono! No! How about we just call each other our actual names, okay?" I said.

"Hmph. Fine." Lisanna said pouting. But I'm pretty sure I heard her mutter killjoy under her breath.

It was 6:23 and Lisanna and I had everything planned out. I figured out the cafe wasn't that far from my apartment so we decided to walk. When we got there, it was 6:45 but Erza wasn't there. Lisanna gasped and hit my shoulder.

"Ow! What is it? Is it Erza?" I whisper asked.

"No but it is Jellal Fernandez! He goes to a different school but he's still well known! What if that's Erza's mysterious date?" Lisanna said excitedly.

We got a booth close to Jellal's and waited. After a while, Erza finally walked in. She looked around and then smiled once she saw Jellal. She made her way over to him and sat down. They started talking but got interrupted by the owner of the restaurant. Me and Lisanna exchanged nervous glances.

"Sorry for the interruption everyone, but tonight we have a special guest singing a little song for us! Everyone, please welcome, Miss Lucy!" the owner said happily. Everyone started clapping and I stood up. I made my way to the makeshift stage and waited for the music to start. I decided to sing Story by Kana Nishino.

(Gah, I love this song so much!)

As I was singing, everyone was standing up and clapping. Erza looked skeptical as to why I was there but she eventually started cheering too. I could also see Lisanna lean over to Jellal ever so slightly and start talking to him. By the time I ended, Lisanna told Jellal whatever might help Erza have a great time, and step one was complete.

Then after they left to go to the park, we also left. We crossed over into the park and walked behind them. Ok, we also hid behind a few trees, but we mostly walked behind them. After Erza and Jellal sat down at a bench did Lisanna and I finally decide that our work here was done.

Lisanna then had the idea to go out for celebratory ice cream and I agreed. I think it is now safe for me to call myself a matchmaker pro and in expert in love. Sorta. Maybe. Not really.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That Jerza was quite beautiful if I don't say so myself! Also writing this chapter, I was surprised to find out that getting to 500 words actually felt pretty easy. At least, they felt easier than the first time I got to 500 words. Honestly, I'm still amazed with myself! Also, I hope you guys are liking Lasagna's character because I decided to base her off one of my friends. Who also got the idea that we should be ninjas so, yeah. I still want to thank you guys for 1K reads, and yes, I'm still happy about it!
-FairySlayer7

Don't forget about GinHotaru123's profile and amazing story!!!!