Chapter 17

I woke up and instantly I knew something was wrong. I was wet(don't even think about it. That's what she said..! I'm allowed to make the joke, ok?) That's when I remembered that I fell asleep while I was taking my bath. I got up and got out of the tub. I dried myself off and wrapped the towel around my body. I then wrapped another towel around my hair, which took three tries, so my hair could dry faster.

I walked out of the bathroom and into the kitchen. I was hungry, ok? I was making a little snack, which involved leftover lasagna, and checked the time. It was 10:57 P.M. HOW DID THAT EVEN HAPPEN!? I angrily think to myself. It's not like I had anything planned but now I won't be able to sleep for a while. I sighed and silently ate my snack. When I got done eating my snack I headed back to the bathroom. I combed my hair and put on some comfy clothes. It was an oversized white t-shirt with the Eiffel Tower on it and black sweatpants.

I looked out the window and thought about going on a walk or something for a while. But then I remember what happened the last time I was walking alone at night. So I stayed inside.

"What to do, what to do..." I ask myself. I have a feeling no one else is awake so I just fall on my bed. I could work on my novel, but I can't think of what to write...

"Oh well! Sleep won't hurt me so might as well go back to bed!" I say. I will admit that I wasn't tired but it was late and I was bored. So sleep it is!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
It's dark. I can't see anything. Not even my hands in front of my face. Oh no. It's going to be one of those dreams, isn't it? That's when I saw it. Or, saw myself. I was floating in darkness. I was being consumed by it. I was being suffocated by it. But then, the strangest thing happened. The darkness starts disappearing and I can see light breaking through. It's so bright.

And then I'm somewhere else entirely.

I'm standing in front of a school. With big walls and high roofs. A school for the rich and wealthy. But I didn't fit in. I didn't fit in anywhere. As long as I was Lucy Heartfilia, daughter of the wealthy Jude and Layla Heartfilia, I wouldn't fit in anywhere. I just had to be Lucy. I just had to be me. But anytime I tried, people would laugh and mock me. It was mostly the girls who did everything. You would think they would be nicer. But they weren't. And they added to fire. To the burning fire inside me that would try to extinguish itself later in my life.

Things at home didn't help either. He made things excruciatingly painful. Anytime I wasn't doing something right, he would find a way to punish me. It was always different too.

Life was painful.

I don't know how I lived. But I did. And that's all that matters. I can make things better. And I have people who can help me now. People who can lift me up no matter how many times I may stumble or fall. This time, I have friends.

Friends
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I woke up in an emotional mess. I was crying and my pillow was soaked. I was also sweating and breathing heavily. I tried to remember what my dream was about but it was slipping away from me, bit by bit. I looked at the clock and the time said 1:42. I sighed. I didn't really want to go back to sleep, for obvious reasons, but there isn't much someone can do at 1 in the morning but maybe that's just me.

I looked over at my desk with things scattered all over it. I got up and walked over to it. It was covered in papers, pencils, pens, some other stuff. I picked up my journal and flipped through the pages. Still nothing, I think to myself. I still can't think of what to add to it. Something's wrong with me! I sit down in the chair anyway and grab  a piece of paper. I get a random mechanical pencil and look at the paper. That's when start drawing.

I'm no Van Gogh, but it actually looked pretty good. Too bad no one will see it. I think if anyone saw my drawing, I would die of embarrassment. Same with my novel or journal. I tuck the drawing in my journal and then leave it in the desk.

"Now what?"

I look around and find nothing I could do. I then remember about a book I got a while ago. It was about this girl who ran away, and her friends went to go on a quest but they didn't know it involved her until they got there. So they started to look for there friend but something happened. Anyway, the girl ended up going back to her friends but there was still something off about her and they have to figure what happened to her and why she left them in the first place. (Familiar? Anyone? Ok then)

I found the book on the kitchen counter where I last left it. I grabbed it and went into the living room. I sat down and started to read.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
I fulfilled my promise! I said I was going to update this week and I did! Yay! Also, in this chapter, I'm sorry for the depressing part. I didn't mean to make it that sad. But it's kinda important. Also, I don't if you noticed this but I don't title my chapters anymore. The main reason is because I'm not creative so I can't think of a title for each chapter. So now they'll just be Chapter WhateverNumberThisIs. Also, I have something BIG planned(☝︎ ՞ ՞)☝︎so be prepared!!!!
Till next chapter-
FairySlayer7

Also check out GinHotaru123 for an awesome story and lasagna!