Chapter 9- Panic Mode

*Lucy's POV*
It was Sunday morning, and I was busy putting all the boxes and shopping bags away. When I counted to see how many things we got, I counted 72 boxes and shopping bags.

I decided to take a small break, so I then turned on the tv, and sat down on the couch. I was flipping through the channels trying to find something interesting to watch, until something caught my attention.

You have got to be kidding me.....

-BREAKING NEWS-
"The daughter of a successful businessman has gone missing! No one knows where she is, but we were able to talk to a few people who claim to have seen the missing Heartfilia Princess! But before that, let's talk about the weather."

It cut to someone telling the forecast, but I no longer cared. I turned off the tv and stormed out of my apartment. I was in front of the building before I realized I didn't have a plan.

What is with me not planning things? Jeez, this is stupid.

I then remembered something Grandeeny told me.

"Just remember that if you ever need anything, we can always help you."

I ran to Grandeeny's house, trying to remember where it was. I found the house, after what felt like 5 hours, and I knocked on the door. The giant door opened and I saw Wendy.

"Hi Lucy-san! What are you doing here?"

"Um, I was wondering if I could talk to your mom about something..."

"Can I know what it is too?"

"Uh, sure," I said fidgeting with my hands. I walked inside and Wendy led me through the giant house to what looked like a garden. Before we went out into the garden, I could hear two voices yelling at each other in an office. I couldn't make anything they were saying out, but I could tell that they were both males.

Wendy and I made it to the garden, and we sat down next to Grandeeny. It looked like she gardening.

"Lucy! How can I help you?" Grandeeny asked me.

"Umm, I have a problem that I thought you and Wendy could me solve." I said nervously.

What if when they find out who I am they hate me?

"Sure! What's your problem about?" Grandeeny asked without looking up from the flowers she was planting.

"Do you know who the Heartfilia's are?" I asked.

Lucy you idiot! Of course they know who the Heartfilia's are, practically everyone does!

Grandeeny stopped what she was doing and looked up at me, sadness in her eyes and her smile.

"You resemble your mother a lot, you know that? It's hard not to think that you're Layla when your actually Lucy. Lucy Heartfilia."Grandeeny said.

My eyes widened. Not just because she knew who I was, but she knew who my mother was.

"You're mother was quite a wonderful person. Always happy and smiling. She could make anyone smile," Grandeeny said. "She was special. But in a good way."

I saw Grandeeny wipe her eyes and realized that she must of been crying.

Grandeeny and Mom must've been really good friends...

"How many people do you think saw that and now know I'm the heir to a multi-million company?" I ask. I needed someone's help and they were the only people who I felt like I could trust.

"Probably not a lot. None of the students that go to Fairy Tail Academy watch the news. At least, that I know of anyway," Wendy said.

I nodded, then focused on my thoughts. I needed a plan, an actual plan. Who knows if someone might find out my secret. I need a backstory, and excuse, something.

I was so lost in thought I didn't notice the sun slowly setting, or Wendy leaving to go work on homework, or Grandeeny get done gardening. I was also too busy to notice two men, walking into the garden, talking about something important. When I awoke from my trance, I ate at Grandeeny's then I went home.

Well... this has been a very eventful day
---------------------------------------------------
Wow, it's been so long since I last updated... sorry! I was a little busy, I got sick, and I also had a little writers block. But hopefully I'll be able to get some more chapters in tomorrow! Hopefully, I don't know, maybe two.
Also I don't like making short chapters but long chapters are hard do me to make and I also feel like I'm rushing the story and I don't want to do that!

Anyway, till next chapter(hopefully)- FairySlayer7