Chapter 19

So... change of plan. I decided to squeeze out a few more chapters from this book. I'm a little rusty, so please have some patience, but I promise it'll get a hell lot better next chapter :)

This chapter is unedited.

Kai

I stayed true to my word and hung around the school, waiting, until Connor and Mira were let out. There was no way I would miss a chance to prove myself to my Mate. I lounged on a bench not too far from the building and read through files that Roland had brought me so I wouldn't fall behind on my duties as the Alpha.

"Despite the nice change of scenery, want to tell me why were are taking care of pack business outside the school and not in your office?" Roland chucked the file he had been reading on the bench next to him.

I gave him a pathetic smile. "I made a promise to Laura I would stick around until Connor and Mira get out so I can walk them home."

He snorted and shook his head. "So, she's practically got the big, scary Alpha around her finger?"

I huffed, tossing the papers I was reading aside as well. "No, but I need to show her I am dedicated to her. I told her I would do this and now I am upholding my word."

Roland grinned like a Cheshire cat, his teeth gleaming in the sun. "Is she going to revoke her rejection and take you as her Mate?"

I shrugged as a familiar uneasiness built up in me. Would my effort even make her consider giving me another chance? "I hope so," I grumbled, clenching and unclenching my fists, trying to relieve some of my stress.

"Well, caring for Mira like this will definitely get you some brownie points. Just do a few other sweet things and she'll probably slowly warm up to you."

"Like what?"

"Maybe like a voucher for a foot massage. Oh, I know. A fruit basket. Women love that kind of stuff," Roland humourously said. He ducked as I threw my pen at his head.

"Not helpful. I can't bribe her to accept me, that would just further make me look like I want to exploit her. I need to show her I really want her for her, so no clique, materialistic shit."

"Well, for starters, stay way from other women, especially Donatella. She'll really fuck up your chances," Roland warned.

I scoffed. "Easy. Can't stand the sight of that woman anymore. she already tried when she ambushed me in the training centre yesterday. I thought any chance with Laura was over."

"And how do you know they're not?"

The images of Laura standing in the kitchen and her tongue running across her bottom lip, making me wish it were my lip instead. The vision made me grind my teeth together as I prevented myself from fantasising of things that could have happened if we hadn't been interrupted. Dirty thoughts of Laura naked under me still popped up in my head, her pink areolas perked and her legs bent, presenting the treasures between them.

I shook my head to try and clear the images. "This morning got...a little heated?" It came out more like a question than a statement and it made Roland give me a confused look.

"You're not sure?"

I rubbed my hand over my face and sighed. I recalled everything that happened this morning, from me persuading her to let me prove myself to the undeniable sexual tension.

"So, you guys almost kissed, but the moment was ruined and that was when she bolted?"

I nodded and he chuckled. He slapped my shoulder before standing up. "Well, Alpha, if you ask me, I think you will have your Mate in no time. It seems like she has problems resisting you like you do her. maybe we'll have a Luna by the end of the week."