Chapter 7

This chapter has not been thoroughly edited so sorry if there are some clumsy misspellings and grammatically incorrect sentences :) enjoy

Laura

It hurt like seven shades of hell when he said I wasn't a "true Werewolf". Broken ribs would have been a lighter blow than those words. And then he had the balls to venture into my room at dawn, corner me against a wall and rub his head against my stomach like an oversized cat. As angry as I tried to be at him, I couldn't deny the comfort his proximity brought me early that morning.

It was now the day that Mira and I would be moving to Kai's territory. I swallowed the urge to grab her, lock us in her room and not come out until he was at least fifty acres away. I didn't want to remove her from the safety of our pack. I didn't mean offense towards Kai's security precautions, but I was wary if the pack would provide their protection to Mira. I didn't care if they disregarded me completely, as long as my baby was safe.

The Blue Moon pack had gathered in front of the pack house to see us off. It warmed my heart to see how many people cared for little Mira. I sympathised for the sorrow they were feeling now that she was moving away. I had to make Granny Ada and the other Elders a promise to bring her around as often as I could.

"And you can come by when you find time too," Granny Ada said.

I looked at her surprised. "Me? Why would you want to see me?"

She giggled and I had to smile at the sound. "Silly girl. We enjoy having you around here as much as we do Mira. Besides, who else will help me find all my herbs? Compared to you all the wolves here have dull noses."

I blushed at her compliment. When Granny Ada needed to restock her herbs, she always asked me for help, since I could easily find the them in the vast forest lands. "I hope I've stocked you well enough for a while though."

"Oh, don't you worry. Most of these wolves barely need medicine anymore thanks to you. I'm sure we have the strongest immune systems within the forest, if not, anywhere. You've kept us healthy. Thank you."

I looked at her in shock. No one had ever thanked me so openly before. I knew our pack was grateful from how they treated me, but Granny Ada was the first to say it to my face other than my intermediate family. A large smile spread across my lips. I leaned forward and placed a kiss on her aged cheek, showing her my gratitude silently.

She caressed my cheek softly. "I watched you grow, Laura, grow into a strong warrior, someone I would follow. I hope you find your people one day. You will be a strong Luna, maybe even an Alpha if things don't work out with your Mate."

My eyes flickered around, making sure no one heard her. When I was sure no one was listening, I turned back to her. "He will never want me, Granny. As far as he is concerned, I am not a "true Werewolf". He will never see me for me. He only sees me through my abilities. The minute he finds out I am his Mate he will reject me. And if he ever does discover I'm a white wolf, he will only accept me because of my powers, but never for me."

It ached to say those things, but I knew they were the truth. I had looked into Kai's face when he insulted me and I knew he would never see me as a person. Instead, he would always look at me as an object, debating whether he should discard me or not. If he discovers I am his Mate and continues to think I am unable to shift, he will continue to disregard me as useless and weak. If he discovers my secret, he will keep me as a weapon, a trophy to show off. Either way, he will never want me.

Ada seemed to see my internal conflict because she patted my shoulder comfortingly. "You have many powers, child. Maybe you have the power to open his eyes. Do not dismiss him like he might dismiss you. Make him realise you are worth more than an accessory. Show him you are his equal."