10.1 Christmas Special

Weeks passed since their wedding. Everybody in the mansion had been busy for a party which would be held on Christmas day and when Baekhyun asked what the party was about, Chanyeol said it marked 20th years anniversary of Phoenix's existence.

It was just Baekhyun felt that way or Chanyeol really did not act like a beloved husband to him. After their wedding on Chanyeol's birthday, the taller had to follow Mr. Hong's business trip to Japan so thus their honeymoon was cancelled.

Lonely days continued for Baekhyun until Chanyeol came back. However, unexpectedly instead of lovey dovey actions between usual newlyweds, Chanyeol acted too calm to sleep beside him, no touch no hug no sex.

It had been a pain in the heart and Baekhyun was too embarrassed to tell Kyungsoo about it because whenever he saw Kyungsoo, Jongin was beside him.

"Kyungsoo said you didn't eat lunch."

Chanyeol, who returned the headquarter after the long day, asked Baekhyun.

"No appetite."

He answered without moving a bit from his position of lying on the bed with his back to Chanyeol.

"Dinner is ready."

"I don't want to eat."

Baekhyun knew Chanyeol hesitated for a while but when he left without asking for the second time, a tear ran down from the doctor's eye. The married life he expected was way too different from current one.

"We haven't filled the official marriage yet..."

He gave up his dream and his job for this one man but why wasn't he the first priority for him?

He did not know.

He wanted to give up everything.

*   *   *

A simple white turtle neck sweater made Baekhyun look cuter than all the people at the party who were wearing branded dresses and suits. Baekhyun never knew that an anniversary party of a gang would be that grand so he just wore casual clothes. Chanyeol was also stunning in black suit.

"Why didn't anyone tell me to wear formal clothes?"

Baekhyun murmured alone and grabbed a drink from the waiter. It seemed to be alcohol and he drank it one shot.

"Baekhyun hyung nim."

No one called him like that so Baekhyun widened his eyes and looked around to see the kind boy who saved him from evil Park Jihoon.

"Oh, you!"

"Do you remember me?"

"Of course. How can I forget you? By the way, what is your name?"

"I am Guanlin, I am still a junior member so you might not see me often in the mansion."

"Kind hearted boy has a great face and a great name."

Baekhyun threw a joke to make himself feel comfortable around Guanlin and grabbed another drink.

"Everyone here except me is wearing formally."

Baekhyun said after scanning Guanlin's reddish brown suit with the white underneath shirt.

"I was also about to wear casually but Jihoon hyung told me to wear formally."