10 [Final]

"What do you prefer, tea or coffee?"

"I am fine whatever."

Baekhyun was now in Mr. Hong's room. The last time he saw Chanyeol was three days ago and Kyungsoo told him that the taller was in the process of his mission so he would be back after it.

To be honest, he had no idea about getting summoned here all of a sudden.

"So, why do you call me?"

He asked when Mr. Hong sat down in front of him after handing him a cup of tea.

"Of course about Chanyeol."

"Did something happen to him?"

"No, he is all good but I know he will never tell you about it so I decided to tell you."

"About what?"

"About the marriage."

Baekhyun's eyes widened. He could not understand what Mr. Hong was trying to say.

"The ones who kidnapped you are our rivals and they want Chanyeol's failure. And they know you are his weakness so they targeted you."

"Why am I his weakness?"

"Chanyeol values the people around him so much. He doesn't want his close friends being targeted by gangsters because of him. He was trapped like the same way for a couple of times before and he almost died from saving his beloved ones."

Beloved ones, the words echoed in Baekhyun's mind and jealousy took him over.

"Did Chanyeol have a lover?"

"You better ask him personally. What I want to say is that Chanyeol is so precious for me and for the gang so there is no way I am going to let him risk his life again for the same problem."

Honestly, Baekhyun still did not get what he meant but he just kept quiet.

"This is why I am begging you to accept his proposal so they can't make Chanyeol find any difficulty."

"Huh? What proposal? I have never heard of it."

"I see, you misunderstood at that time so. Do you remember him asking you to join the gang?"

"Yes, but I rej.... by any chance, did it mean...."

"Asking someone to join the gang is known as a proposal here."

"Oh my god! Did I reject my crush?!"

Baekhyun uncontrollably let out his thought and Mr. Hong chuckled lightly.

"Ahem, whatever. Why is our marriage and the rivals related?"

"If you marry him, you are a part of our gang and if they dare touch someone who is a part of Phoenix, especially the second leader's husband, it means they are challenging the whole gang so it's obvious that they will be dead meat soon. But, if you reject him, you are just an outsider so we can't help Chanyeol if they do something bad to you."

Why was the world he never knew so complicated? Baekhyun sighed and he now knew why the gangsters reacted badly upon his rejection to join the gang when Chanyeol asked.

He now understood why Jihoon's reaction was too harsh, why Jongin did not come to talk to him as usual after it happened, why Kyungsoo acted weird. Everyone might have expected that Baekhyun would accept it but it turned out the opposite.