"Punk: School"

"He's finished the cleansing stage."

I hear... faint voices, talking about me.

"He's ready to join the others," familiar cold feminine voice states.

Join... the... others? What are they on about? I groggily open my eyes, to see who is talking, but because of the anesthetic flooding through my body, the whole room is a blur.

"Are you sure, ma'am? He might be uncooperative with the others or he might rile them up. The last thing we can afford is a revolution," another voice argues.

"He'll be fine. We will keep him under control. Have you not seen his files. He is our most promising candidate," the feminine voice reassures.

Candidate for what? I try to kick-start my mind into working out what these people are saying, but... everything... is... so... slow. I focus my vision on the people who are standing around my tube. They are conversing with each other. I recognize the feminine voice. It's that Doctor. Her tall, thin physique towers over that of the two men making her an intimidating figure. Her bright blonde hair is still neatly kept in a bun which she slightly scratches from time to time.

"Now, leave and prepare for his integration," she commands. The men nod and leave the room in a hurry. I muster all my energy into my one arm and raise it to the glass imprisoning me. Dr. Ellen notices this and advances towards me.

"Not yet, my child," she says in a soft tone. She places her long, slender fingers where mine is, "You will soon know what makes you important."

Her cold smile annoys me in a way as it reminds me of Mother. I let my arm drop onto my side and shout 'Fuck you', but all that came out through my mask are a bundle of bubbles which rises to the tube's ceiling. That's when a wave of weariness overwhelms me. I fight to keep my eyelids open, but it is futile. Shitty drugs. As I am shrouded in darkness, yet again.

My eyes flutter open after some time to a white ceiling. Still a little drowsy I sit up on the soft, cushy surface I am in. So soft. So warm. I'm on a bed. I stay put on the bed for a few minutes until I feel like I'm ready to move. When I finally do I carefully get out the bed and stand up to see the room I am in. I didn't see much as my vision starts blurring and my bare back hit the cold floor. Guess I'm still not ready to move. I use my one arm to pick myself up and lean against one of the white walls. The small room is a blinding white which dazzles and hypnotizes you if you stare at it long enough. There are no specks of dirt to be found anywhere in the whole room. On the side of the room are a simplistic white desk, which has some white clothes on top of it and a white robotic arm. Above the desk on the wall is a single poster saying 'Rebirth Comes From You'. I look at my messy bed which I just stumble out from and then towards the closed door.

Feeling a bit stronger I get up and stumble towards the desk. I guess I have to put these clothes on. They are just a simple shirt and trousers which didn't take long to put on. I glance at the robotic arm on the desk before leaving the room. I'm not putting that on. As the anesthetics are wearing off and my body starts becoming less numb. I feel something around my neck. It's some kind of collar. Fuck. How am I supposed to deal with this? OK, one thing at a time. There are guards or wardens probably outside this room. I haven't got a weapon and that metal arm isn't going to cut it. I'll have to steal a weapon. Which is easy. Next, I need to get out of here. If this building is anything like the last one we escaped that'll be alright too. Ha, get out of here, find Steam, kill him, and everything will be alright. I clutch the door handle.