"Broken"

"Old Man!" I shout in relief taking a step forward towards his beaten body, on guard the uniformed soldiers aim their advanced weaponry at me halting my movement

"Old Man!" I shout in relief taking a step forward towards his beaten body, on guard the uniformed soldiers aim their advanced weaponry at me halting my movement. I clench my teeth in annoyance, surveying the death squad which has all three of us cornered. How did they know?

The Old Man doesn't respond his wrinkled and bruised body is slack against the grisly chair. Drips of blood drop from different parts of his body creating a small crimson puddle on the floor around the chair

"Welcome to More Tech," a familiar voice says.

I turn my head to look at the ambassador of Parasomnia. Erglast. He sends all three of us a gleeful yet malicious smile while rubbing his hands against each other. Next to him is a male dressed in military uniform gazing out the huge window at the vivid lights of Parasomnia.

"You," I address him, keeping still as the death squad still have their weapons on us.

The only door is behind us. I can imagine a possibility of someone being a distraction but those are slim chances. Fuck! Think! I have my scrambler, but I have no idea how effective that will be. It's our only chance though.

"You think you can come into Parasomnia without anyone knowing. We have eyes and ears everywhere Mr. Alderfort. You think I didn't know you were in The Future bar one of the 'drunks' in there is my agent they were spying on that stupid woman, but then they told me your name," Erglast explains.

Makes sense they do call it the city that watches.

"So, you're the boss!" Aeleos shouts his simmering anger increasing by the second, "You are the one who killed my village and tortured Master."

"Me? No, no, no I am a mere pawn in the grand scheme of the Steelix Corps."

"Be quiet, Erglast!" the man in uniform barks. Erglast jumps at the sudden order eyes widening in surprise and fear. A small whimper is let out all cockiness is gone as he listens to his superior.

"Are you the boss?" I calmy ask the man. The man gazes out towards Parasomnia some more. He slowly turns around and looks at me with one of his eyes. I stare back at him ignoring his small cybernetic which is residing on his left eye. From his inflamed right eye, I can tell he has seen as much death as I have and has probably fought in more battles than I ever have.

"I look in your eyes and I see the amount of death that is in them. At such a young age is this what it's like to be the son of an Alderfort Assassin?" the man asks taking swift, firm steps closer to me his cybernetic eye instinctively. He straightens out his sleek black military uniform.

"None of your business," I reply looking away.

He looks at Aeleos next scanning him with both his eyes dissecting his information and personality a smile harbours his face, "You would make a fine soldier boy, but you feel too much and that's what will be your downfall."