Chapter 8/16

I checked my phone when everyone said a video was released on one of our classmates.

It was titled: The cheater Ryujin and it was a video of her answering questions about... me.

" Hyunjin, does Ryujin like you or are you two secretly dating behind Bona's back? " People started to question me.

" It's nothing like that, we never dated " I tried to explain but was always cut off.

I scrolled down the comment section,

" She really likes stealing other's boyfriend "

" She's such an attention seeker"

" I hate her since the start "

" So is Hyunjin dating two girls now? "

" Bona is prettier "

I went to each and every classroom to check where Ryujin is. If she sees this, she'll be hurt.

" Oppa! " Ryujin called.

" Where did you go? Where is your phone? " I asked.

" To the toilet, my phone's in the classroom " She replied.

" Loser, you two look so weird together " Someone who passed by said.

I covered her ears and pushed her to the gym where it's quiet.

" Why was everyone whispering? Did something happen? " She questioned.

" No.... the teacher... said that you did very well for the drama so they are probably just jealous " I lied.

" Aren't we going to rehearsals? It's past break time already " She reminded.

We went into the drama room with all eyes on us.

" Ryujin! Can you give us a minute? " Bona's brother called.

" Why? " She asked.

" I have something to tell you " He replied.

" Do you really have to go? " I said.

" It's okay, I'll be back soon " She said back.

I was worried but I couldn't leave because I was in charge of class that period.

" Please read Scene 3 and we will be going through scene 1 and 2 after the theme song " I told the class.

————

" Hyunjin ah, can we.. not talk for just this week until the production is over? I have something I need to think about myself " She asked.

" But— "

" I know it's hard but please... just this one week " She begged.

———

I thought she was just kidding but she was actually serious, it's been 4 days since we had a proper conversation. I tried talking to her at home, but she either nods or shook her head as a response.

I wasn't use to this and worst of all... I was angry. I thought I'd be okay but the feeling hurts me, the fact that my bestfriend whom I knew since my childhood is ignoring me because of my Girlfriend's brother.

" Yah! " I called her.

She didn't bother turning or responding.

I had to go over to her and stop her myself.

" What did he say to make you ignore me? No matter what you do, I will never let you go so stop it! " I raised my voice.

" It's hard " She said as drops of tears started to roll down her cheeks.

" What is? What's hard? " I questioned.

" I thought you'll understand but the fact that you think I'm ignoring you because of her brother.. is wrong, I'm ignoring you to protect you, don't you understand? " She answered.

" Protect me? No, I should be the one to protect you " I corrected her.

" Everyone already has a bad review of me but you're still in the top, I don't want to bring you down " She explained.

" I'm okay with goi—"

" And I quit my role, I will no longer play the main role " She revealed.

" What are you saying? I don't want to do it with anyone else " I refuse.

" Then tell them yourself, I don't care " She raised her voice.

————

Today is the day of the production, the teacher begged me to comtinue being the main role so I couldn't say no.

" Emergency! Sohee is absent today! She went overseas " The teacher announced.

" So who will take her role? We have to start in an hour " Everyone started to complain.

" Ryujin will take over her role, just practice verse 2 and scene 4 and everything is set " The teacher explained.

Both of us were called out to the waiting room to practice the last scene which was the fake kiss scene.

" He will hold your waist so don't be too stiff " The teacher reminded.

————

" You're doing it at last " I told her.

" I don't to but what can I do " She said.

" We will start our production " Conviced Love " please sit back and enjoy the show " The MC started.

" Hwaiting! You can do it! " I cheered as she started her first scene.

An hour later,

This is it, the fake kiss scene. He leaned in closer to be until we were about 1cm away,

" Move! " Someone shouted.

What happened? Thanks for reading!