Chapter 88: Double Trouble

Start from the beginning

     After that, I teleported to the king's office.

     "Finally here?" he said to the air, lifting his face from the papers.

     "A lady rushes for no one," I replied as I walked forward and sat on the edge of the desk. "She also waits for no one. What are you doing? We must go now, is that not correct?"

     "I just have a few more documents to read and sign, then we'll be out-"

     "Nope," I used wind magic and picked him out from behind the desk, lifting him over to stand in front of me. By a "few," he was talking about at least thirty more papers. The pile that was already done was split into five stacks of at least fifty, making me wonder how he spent his days.

     While he was in surprise that someone actually used magic on him, I exclaimed, "Are your maids faulty? You aren't even dressed!"

     "I dress myself since a maid tried to assassinate me a few years ago," he explained defensively, tugging on his plain lapels.

     "Then your second wife or someone should take the reign," I rolled my nonexistent eyes. "That ought to do a lot of good."

    "I don't have a second wife," his eyes turned cold as he looked at the floor.

     "Look, I don't care if you want to have attitude or anything, but while you are at this party you have to behave like a king, and more importantly at least dress like one."

     "I prefer humility, thank you very much."

     "So now what, you are the black sheep of the royal family? Please, I know what humble is. No royal is humble," I shook my head.

     "Could've fooled me..."

     "Is a certain young king talking back to me? Hm? I thought not. Now, to fix this absolute mess you've created..." I looked at the colors of his attire, which was the same as the national colors of green and silver. However, it looked like it was at least ten years old, it was so outdated.

     "It is not a mess, it's my-"

     "Rags, yes. I guess I'll have to play mother for today, too," I sighed while drawing on some mana from the air. "Maid, guard, wife, sister, daughter, why do I have so many roles to play?!" I grumbled under my breath.

     Before he could object, I manipulated the style of his clothes to match something I'd seen in Father's closet. Then, I added in some details of my own that I thought might fit.

     I'd seen pictures of past monarchs and how they dressed, seen dukes and marquis walking around in their weird attire. Out of all those, I just threw something together.

     The product was way better than before, at least to me.

     A forest green button down shirt with a silver vest on top, a same color scheme for the cape I put on him that had silver outlines. The pants were green as well, the cuffs silver. Of course, there had to be a tie of some sort to keep the cape on, or should I call it a long coat? The tie was made of small silver chains, three of them stretching across his chest. On his hand I just put one silver ring, the insignia of the royal family upon it. With a tiny bit of wind magic, I combed his dark blue hair back and made it so the whites of his eyes weren't so red from just office work all the time.

     Of course, my imagination had been working for some time before I enacted it, so everything was perfect. The whole magic only took about three seconds to appear.

     For the sake of courtesy, I put a full length mirror from my storage in front of him.

    "You see how it is now? Do not change any of it. If you do...I will know."