IIFTLR- It's Over

Last chapter :'( :) Mixed emotions.... Author's Note will be at the end :)

Enjoy the last chapter :)

Comment your thoughts :) 

Vote if you like :)

HAPPY/ SAD READING <3

____________________________________________________

Chapter 43

Nikki P.O.V

“D-dad, what are you talking about? Of course I am your daughter.” Esme says, eyes wide with confusion and sadness creasing her forehead.

“I am your father.” Our eyes divert to Steven, who spoke only four words, but those four words were enough to break Esme’s heart.

The sound of a breaking heart is a silent one, it is at a frequency so high and distraught that our ears can’t capture is gut wrenching sound. Our other senses pick up the symptoms, our eyes notice the blank face, they notice the twitching hand and we can practically taste the disbelief that we are convincing ourselves hanging in the air.

Silence follows and my body is frozen in shock, my limbs can’t seem to follow the orders my brain is telling them to do.

All eyes are on Esme, waiting, watching for something to click. It is like watching a grenade being thrown in the air and then closing your eyes out of fear; you pray for the result to be different and as your heart pounds the seconds towards disaster, you still know in the back of your head that eventually, it will explode.

“Esme,” my mouth seems to whisper. I watch her as she stares blankly ahead.

Within seconds Esme is standing up, her chair falling back. She rushes over to the trash can by the entrance and doubles over.

“ESME!” Carlos shouts before rushing over to her, holding her back and rubbing her back soothingly.

I remain standing, watch everything crumble apart slowly. Everyone is up, watching Esme in shock. Of course, our parents and Steven are unaware of the fact that Esme is carrying a child inside and is probably the main cause to her feeling unwell leaving them to be probably very confused.

“Esme,” Steven says, walking closer to her. And this is when Carlos snaps,

“DON’T YOU DARE COME CLOSER TO HER! I SWEAR I WILL KILL YOU RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW IN FRONT OF EVERYONE!” Carlos steps in front of Steven challengingly.

I rush over to Esme and help her with her hair. Esme has stopped vomiting properly and is just dry reaching.

I swap my attention from Esme to my left where people are trying to pull Carlos away from Steven.

The women are consoling each other on the other side of the table and all the men are trying to either throw a punch or pull someone away from another.

I turn to Esme hearing her sobbing quietly. “DAVID!”

I quickly turn my head in time to see David, my David pull out a gun, placing it directly in line Carlos’ head.

“AHH!” Ramona screams out for her child, “NO PLEASE DON’T HURT HIM! PLEASE!”

Everyone freezes once they realise what is happening. Out of the corner of my eye I see Demitri’s hand moving ever so slightly, to his waistband.

“Demitri, you do that and your brother is dead.” David’s cold voice threatens.  “Everyone move out in front of me. Nikki, you and Esme as well. In front where I can see you now!”