IIFTLR- I Got You

Heyy :)

Not much to say, other than thanks for the support :)

Dedicated to one of the most amazing people I know. She is one of the best people to have in your life and has been a really great supporter of me in all aspects, including this book. :) Love you bethy <3 bethchilds1999

Vote if you like <3

Comment your thoughts ;)

Happy Reading :) <3

___________________________________________________

Chapter 14

Nikki’s P.O.V

It has been about month since Demitri was allowed to leave the hospital. He was tested and had the clear to go about a week after he woke up.

Esme and I have settled in the Davanzo home quite comfortably now. Ramona and Tom decided to leave the house to the boys and us girls and move into one of their other many homes. They don’t live too far, probably about 10min away from what I remember when we went over for a dinner.

The goodbye between Ramona and us girls was more emotional than I expected. I don’t know why, but it felt like the time we said good bye to our parents at the airport. I miss seeing her every morning; she was like my adopted mum here in Italy.

Demitri and I’s relationship is going well. We decided to take things slow, in this sense of even though we will be getting married we aren’t rushing in things, for example, we don’t sleep in the same bed.

Esme and Carlos seem to be doing the same thing as us and from what Esme has told me, their relationship is going well too.

I think we are all more relaxed, we haven’t received any more threats since the note in the hospital which Carlos told Demitri about soon after he woke up.

I am glad I wasn’t there when he told him. From what Carlos said, Demitri didn’t react to the threat well, he punched the wall and left a hole at the hospital; which we paid to fix.

Esme and I haven’t asked to know about all the secrets yet. I don’t  know why we haven’t but I guess we have just be focused on returning to some form of normality that we didn’t want to ruin it by diving into a world of secrecy.

Demitri returned to work the second he was given the go. He and Carlos work practically every day but they try to not work on the weekend; they work from home if it is necessary.

That is where they are today, at work. Since it is Friday, Carlos decided to go away to a small country town on the outskirts of Venice with Esme, leaving the house to Demitri and I. Carlos left early from work and picked up Esme to go around lunch time and that was 5 hours ago.

Demitri told me he would be back home at 6pm, which is in ten minutes. I rush around the kitchen preparing the last minute touches to the dinner I cooked for Demitri. The chicken I roasted is resting after just being taken out of the oven.

The kitchen is filled with the aroma of a home cooked meal. The spices I use to add flavour to the chicken and the potatoes let out their scent and fill my nose as I lift the aluminium foil off of the dish.

I quickly put the roast on the middle of the table and I rush upstairs to get dressed. I sort of made this dinner a surprise date for the two of us. I walk into the wardrobe and grab the cute black dress I picked out for tonight and put it on.

The dress has ¾ length sleeves and has a neck line the shape of a semi-circle. It is tight up to my waist and turns A-line after, which reaches mid-thigh.