FAIRY TAIL #6

A/N: Again, all the Italic part of this book is considered as a part of Future time. So don't be confused.

And before this day ends I just want to greet all of you a very very bitter ---I mean lovable Valentine's day *Flying kiss to each one of you* 😘😘

FUTURE LUCY'S POV

EVERYTHING is dark - I can't move my whole body. Aside from that - There is only pain. My head, my chest . . . burning pain. My side, my arm. Pain. Pain and hushed words in the gloom. Where am I? Though I try, I cannot open my eyes. The whispered words become clearer . . . a beacon in the darkness...

"I do what I can do... Natsu-san"

"Why she still conscious, Wendy?"

"It's because of the sword that he used. It was almost blocking the magic of Wendy to heal her. As for now, Lucy need to recover on her own... magic will not do about her case."

"Is she okay?"

"Yes she is... I guarantee to you that is just that all the wounds that she get needs to heal the way it used to be. She'll wake when she's ready. Just give her some time."

"Ooh! Luce! I need you... don't leave me" he begs - his fainted sobs that makes my heart ache a little. Why are you so sad, Natsu? I try in vain to move my hand to my belly. Nothing moves, nothing responds.

"I love you, Luce" hearing those three words and eight letters coming from him makes me relax, and unconsciousness claims me once more, stealing me away from the pain.

Everything is heavy and aching: limbs, head, eyelids, nothing will move. My eyes and mouth are resolutely shut, unwilling to open, leaving me blind and mute and aching. As I surface from the fog, consciousness hovers, a seductive siren just out of reach. Sounds become voices.

"I'm not leaving her."

Natsu! He's here . . . I will myself to wake—his voice is strained, an agonized whisper.

"Natsu, you should sleep."

"No, Erza. I want to be here when she wakes up."

"You need to take a rest to take of your wife. After what happened to Nashi---"

"Stop it, Erza." Natsu cut her off. "Don't say it." I want to move and open my eyes and ask what happened to our daughter. But... I can't... I can't move everything. I heard the door open and close it eventually followed by his stubble softly scrapes the back of my hand as he squeezes my fingers.

"Oh, baby, please come back to me. I'm sorry. Sorry for everything. Just wake up. I miss you. I love you . . ."

I try. I try. I want to see him. But my body disobeys me, and I fall asleep once more.

I GROAN when I finally open my eyes. I'm in the Fairytail infirmary - the dim blue moonlight filtered through the window, casting complex shadow on the bed. Everything is quiet except those fainted whispered of the lake. I shut my eyes quickly. Turning my head—I'm pleased that it responds to my will—I open my eyes again. Natsu is asleep, sitting beside me and leaning on my bed with his head on his folded arms. I reach out, grateful once more that my body responds, and run my fingers through his soft salmon hair.

He startles awake, raising his head so suddenly my hand falls weakly back onto the bed. "Hi!" I croak.

"Oh! Luce." his voice is choked and relieved. He grasps my hand, squeezing it tightly and holding it up against his rough, stubble cheek.

"You look so tired. How long I've been out?" I ask almost like a whisper. My throat is dry and I wanted some water - aside from that every part of my body is aching.

His eyes suddenly clouded with tears and a fainted sob escaped from his throat. Kissing my palm "Why are you crying, Natsu?"

"I'm just happy to see you." he smiles before reaching my cheeks "How are you feeling?"

"Sore and thirsty. Very thirsty." I whisper. Natsu excused himself to fetch my water and while waiting for him to came back - I tried to remember everything - the last time I remembered someone attacked us out of nowhere and then... Nashi. I gasp when I remember about Nashi. I struggle to sit up but failed.

"Lucy." he quickly went to my place and guide me to sit up "You should stay still." he hands me the glass of water before saying "small sips now," he warns.

"Okay" I mutter and take a welcome sip of cool water. Oh my. It tastes perfect. I take another, and Natsu watches me intently. After I finish my water - he put the glass on the side and sits on the corner of the bed - helping me to lay down. "Natsu?"

"Hmm.."

"Where is our daughter?" I ask him - he reaches my hand and stares there for couple of minutes. His lips pressed into thin line "Natsu, answer me. W-What happened to our daughter? Why she's not here? Is she okay?" my heart is racing so damn fast.

"Luce.." he call my name almost like a whisper. It's like his thinking about something so painful. "Our daughter... Nashi..." he stops looking through my eyes and I can see pain and guilt. No! No! No!

"Tell me what happened?" I wanted to shout but my body is betraying me. "Natsu please." my vision clouded with tears as I look on his sad face.

"Nashi is missing, Luce." What? He look on his side as he continue "Nashi is missing, Luce. She disappeared in a thin air." a tear escape on my eyes as I look on him - my mouth parted as I tried to calm myself. Natsu held my hand "I-I promise that I'll bring her back." he say which makes me doubt.

Why I have this feeling that Natsu is not telling me the truth?

THIRD PERSON'S POV

WENDY together with her white exceed, Carla was having their small tea party at the guild lounge with Macao's eccentric son, Romeo. The two, Wendy and Romeo, were having their small sweet chat while the white cat just sat there, pretending not to listen on their conversation but whenever Romeo was saying something cheesy, the boy could swear hear the white cat's little 'hmp' which made him a little comfortable. Wendy and Romeo chuckle - Carla open her mouth to say something but close it. Her expression suddenly shifted from being irritated to being shock as her squinty eyes grew bigger and her mouth gaped open. The white exceed unconsciously put her little paw to her forehead which made Wendy worried.

"Are you okay, Carla?" she asked as she tried to hold the free paw of her little friend, But as soon as her small hands made contact with her friend's white petite paws, Carla swayed her hand which made her more bothered.

When the exceed realized what she had done, she put both her paws on her face and manage to say a small weak "Sorry" to Wendy. She flew towards the door which made Wendy and Romeo stood and follow the flying exceed with their gazes.

"My head suddenly ache. I'll head home first." She said not looking to them.

"Don't you want me to heal if for you?" Wendy offered.

"No... No I'm fine. I'll just go home and take some rest. See you later." she finished and head towards the door, leaving Romeo and Wendy confused. "Who the hell is the salmon-haired, chocolate eyed-girl?" Carla muttered as she flew towards the Fairy hill.