𝟐𝐩 𝐀𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐜𝐚 𝐱 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫

- 3𝑹𝑫 𝑷𝑶𝑽

Lights loomed over the dark abandoned gas station as the cool breeze of autumn made its self all the more apparent giving the appearance of the surrounding area being haunted, something straight out of an American horror movie.

Inside it, were two college students who'd rather be back in their dorms preparing for their finals, however, someone has to accumulate enough to pay their school loan and it's not like they're remotely experienced in the work sphere.

So, a creepy gas station in the middle of nowhere is what they've got until they obtain job experience.

The speakers played the stereotypical convenience store music giving the place an even eerier appearance.

Y/n swept the floor, while her coworker Tim was at the cash register. One thought crossed both of their minds, ''No one's coming again''.

There were seldom any costumers who entered and purchased something, when there were though they'd usually buy a pack of cigarettes or pump gas, so you can only imagine how boring it gets.

''Done'' Mumbled Y/n, at last, she finished one of her duties.

''Finally, took you long enough'' Spoke Tim from behind the cash register, closing his book in the process. Tim left for the backup room to pick up boxes to stock the shelves with.

Y/n sighed at the way the man hurried off shaking her head disappointingly.

Tim and Y/n share one class together, they're somewhat close but their relationship never quite reached the status of friendship.

Nevertheless, when it came to nightshifts they'll usually stick to a routine, where one would monitor the other while the other studies for upcoming exams.

Taking position behind the desk Y/n brought out her textbook and notebook writing down the assignment.

A few minutes later just as Tim returned someone entered. A man with messy auburn hair color, his eyes half covered his crimson eyes which shined on account of the light emitted from the ceiling lamp.

''Hi'' Voiced Y/n absentmindedly spoke without tearing her gaze off of the piece of literature.

The man nodded her way proceeding to head to the snack aisle, picking a random pack of chips and some liquor on the way he went to the cash register waiting to get serviced.

The girl hadn't noticed the guy's presence in front of her impatiently waiting for her to do her job.

Getting irritated the man banged the counter at last catching her attention. Just as Y/n lifted her eyes to meet his bright crimson red once they stood still for a second gazing into each other's eyes.

Taking the glass bottle and bag from his hands she scanned them, about to tell him the price he interrupted her.

''Cigs too, the lite ones'' He mentioned to the pack he's talking about.

''That will be 6.46$'' He struggled to get the money from his pocket but eventually got it.

Handing her the money he stormed off out of the store. Shrugging her shoulders she continued to study for her upcoming exam.

''You missed a spot, you dumbass'' Tim pointed out making the girl grumble in annoyance. ''Go piss off, Tim''

The following days the same man would appear to purchase the same thing, with the exception of food choice changing.

It seemed like he became one of the store's beloved customers since his visit became more frequent.

Neither Tim nor you found it strange, besides this kid which appeared to be the same age as you, appeared like the kind to have issues at home, but who are you to judge you don't even know the boy.