Chapter 24

Two days later, Nathan met the boys out for a few beers at O'Reilly's.

"Look who it is." Max teased as Nathan headed over to them. "Have you come up for air?"

Nathan shook his head. "Fuck you and I am not seeing Curls anymore."

Tom studied Nathan's face.

Max looked shock. "What?!"

Nathan shrugged then put his arm around Felix and kissed the side of his head. "I've missed you lot."

Felix was undeniably blushing.

"So Mr. Wonderful is no more?" Tom asked still not convinced.

Nathan shrugged. "That is what I said. So...shall I get the next round?" he said with a smile then headed for the bar.

"Well, he got over that fast." Max said.

Felix smiled. "I like this new Nathan."

"You think he is really over him?" Siva asked.

"You've just seen him!" Max shouted.

"Yes, perhaps he is ready to move on." Felix said starring at him from across the room.

"Like hell he is." Tom said then slammed his beer down. He then turned to Felix. "And you, Foofy. He doesn't want you so fucking stop it already." He said then headed over to his friend.

Felix looked like he wanted to cry.

Siva put his hand on Felix's shoulder and rubbed it in comfort. "I apologize for him Felix. He can be a dickhead sometimes."

At the bar, Nathan was about to try and grab all of the beers when Tom came over to help. "Let me help you mate."

Nathan smiled at him. "Thanks mate."

"Wait." Tom said.

Nathan knew what was coming. "I'm fine Tom. I mean it."

"How come I don't fucking believe you?"

Nathan waved him off. "Well, that is your problem then." He said then headed back to the table.

Tom decided not to push it....just yet. Perhaps he hadn't fallen as hard as Tom thought. It was better he got out early before really getting hurt.

Later that evening, Nathan was reading in bed when there was a knock at his door.

He was a bit scared cause he hadn't buzzed anyone into the building.

He could not believe his eyes when he looked through the peephole.

Nathan opened the door.

"You haven't returned any of my calls." Curls said leaning against the doorframe looking a bit tired.

"Well, that is not surprising. I didn't want to talk to you." Nathan said then motioned to close the door. "Goodnight."

Curls stopped the door with his hand. "Can we talk now?"

"I dunno. Can we?"

Curls took a step closer.

"Stop it." Nathan said pushing him away.

Curls frowned. "But, I've missed you."

Nathan was trying to remain strong. "Well, you have plenty of other people you can call."

Curls smirked. "I'm here though..." he said then leaned closer so he was inches away from Nathan's face. "...with you...right now."

Nathan swallowed hard. "Well, I wanted to be someone special in your life...but...."

Jay cupped his face in his hands. "You are....don't you remember how I introduced you?"

Nathan was losing will power. "But...what about..." he stopped as Jay placed light kisses along his jawline.

Nathan closed his eyes, but forced himself to stay strong. "But what about...the others..."

Jay smiled and kissed the corner of his mouth. "How about we spend more time together?"

Nathan was losing it and fast. "More time?"

Curls rubbed his nose against Nathan's cheek. "Yes, more time. Would you like that?" he said then kissed his lips softly.

Once their lips parted Nathan whispered. "...yesss..."

Curls smirked. "Good. Now invite me in."

Nathan grabbed Curls by the shirt and pulled him into the apartment as they kissed passionately.

Curls kicked the door closed with his foot.