Chapter 31

"I want to go out."

"What happened?" Tom asked over the phone.

"Why did something have to happen? I want to go to 'Cable'. Now are you coming or am I going by myself. You never know what could happen to me. Some shirtless man dances to close to me and offers me a drink and..."

"I'll come get you." Tom said then hung up the phone. "Little shit." He said to himself then quickly threw on some clothes.

Nathan smiled feeling very proud of himself. He then proceeded to call the rest of the fellas for a nice night out. No talking about Curls...no thinking about Curls or anything having to do with him. He was so done.

At the club, Nathan was drinking pretty heavily.

"Slow down there killer." Tom said in a protective way.

Nathan kissed him on the cheek. "Lighten up dad."

Tom pulled him aside. "Will you fucking talk to me."

Nathan rolled his eyes. "Talk about what? There is nothing to talk about!"

"You will tell me later then."

"There is nothing to tell." Nathan said then headed back onto the dance floor.

Tom finished his beer in one big gulp. He glanced around the club and spotted the culprit standing by the bar.

Why not stop and say hello? After all, he needed another beer.

"If it isn't Mr. Wonderful himself?"

Curls turned and saw Tom standing there.

"Tom right?"

Tom simply nodded. "So what did you do to him?"

Curls squinted his eyes at him. "Excuse me?"

"You obviously fucked with him. I can tell."

Curls turned and crossed his arms. "Oh you can huh?"

Tom stepped closer to him. "Yeah. I can."

"Why don't you mind your own business?"

Tom shoved him.

Trevor was ordering shots when he glanced over and saw his best friend in the beginnings of a pretty ugly fight. He ran over. "Whoa, let's calm down here."

"It's fine." Curls said to Trevor. "Tom was just minding his own business. Weren't you Tom?"

"Fuck you!"

Nathan happened to glance over and saw Max running towards the bar. His heart sank when he saw Tom and Curls engaged in an argument. "Shit."" He said to himself then ran over.

"Get your hands off of him!" Max yelled at Trevor.

"Bro, he is the one that fucking started."

The bartender leaned over. "You boys need to stop this shit before my manager comes out!"

Nathan pushed between them. "What the fuck is going on?"

"There he is...trouble himself." Trevor said with a smirk.

Nathan's mouth dropped open. "Me?!"

Curls shoved Trevor a bit then turned to Nathan. "Everything is fine. I was just having a conversation with Tom."

Nathan turned to Tom for his reaction.

"Some fucking conversation." He mumbled.

"Can I talk to you please?" Curls said to Nathan.

Nathan looked torn. "I can't talk right now."

Trevor raised an eyebrow. He had never heard anyone talk to his friend that way. Better yet, he had never heard his friend try so hard before. He really was trouble.

Curls leaned into his ear. "Please talk to me."

Nathan rolled his eyes. "Five minutes." He said then stormed over to the corner.

Curls gave a gentlemanly nod towards Tom.

Tom wanted to kick the shit out of him. "Asshole!" Tom said to himself.

"Calm down mate." Max said knowing how short Tom's temper could be.

Back in the corner, Nathan crossed his arms. "What do you want?"

"You. I want you." He said then tried to grab Nathan's arm.

Nathan shoved him off. "Well you can't have me. Now what?"

"You are acting like a child Nathan."

"Ok we are done." Nathan said then moved to walk past him, but Curls held his arm. "Let me go."

"I didn't mean to hurt you."

Nathan laughed. "Oh that makes it okay then."

His smile quickly faded. "Enjoy your night."

Curls went to grab him, but he was too fast. He punched the wall.

Trevor came over. "Mate, what the fuck?"

Curls just waved it off. "It's cool."

"Are you sure?"

Curls looked angry. "Positive."

"Is there something I should know about this kid?"

Curls moved closer to him. "He is not a kid and no...it's over now."

"You really like him. Shit."

Curls looked pissed. "I don't like anyone okay?"

Trevor grabbed his arm. "Mate, it's me. Do we need to talk about this?"

Curls looked worried. "No. You are making more of it then what it is. Got it?"

"Maybe you should tell him."

Curls looked like he wanted to chin him. "Don't Trevor. Just don't. I need to go."

Trevor watched him leave, than glanced over at Nathan dancing with his friends. He was right about him being trouble.