Chapter 55

Nathan was on his way to Jay's flat. He would deal with Tom later.

The story Felix had told him was all he could think about.

He needed to hear it from Jay. This talk was long over due.

He buzzed up to his flat, but there was no answer. He tried again, but no luck.

Just then a tenant opened the door to leave. This was Nathan's chance to enter the building.

When he arrived at Jay's door, he rang the doorbell.

No answer.

He tried again and still, no answer.

"Jay, open up." Nathan said as he pounded the door with his fist.

There was still no answer.

Nathan had an idea. There was a chance that Jay was at the studio working.

When Nathan arrived, he asked the secretary if he could speak with Jay.

"Do you have an appointment?" she asked.

"No, but I can wait until he is free."

She nodded. "It could be awhile sweetie."

"You know...he did say I could watch the process in the booth. See, I am studying to be a producer ." he lied.

He figured Jay had lied to him, so he was due.

"Well, if you promise to be quiet, I can let you in the watching room."

Nathan smiled widely. "That would be brilliant. Thank you so much."

When Nathan walked into the room, there was a huge window providing a view of the artist in the booth and Curls at the controls.

Nathan just stood there with his arms folded waiting for Curls to notice him.

The young man singing in the booth sounded pretty good, Nathan thought to himself.

"Mate, can you sing that last bit again?"

"Sure boss." The man said then waited for his cue.

Nathan smiled at the boss comment. It was actually kind of hot.

Just then Curls glanced over. He did a double take when he realized it was Nathan.

"Mate can we take five?" Curls asked.

"Of course." The young artist said then made his way out of the booth.

Nathan paced a bit and took a few deep breaths before Curls walked in.

The door opened and there he was with an adorable confused look on his face. "Nathan what are you..."

He was interrupted by Nathan's kiss.

Curls was in shock but instinctively reacted to the kiss.

Of course, what Tom had said was haunting him so he pushed Nathan off. "Nathan stop."

"Why?" he asked, curious to hear his excuse.

"Because we've been over this. I am no good for you."

"Okay, so what happened between you telling me I should tell Gavin to not returning my phone calls?"

Curls looked like he was searching for a good excuse. "I just came to my senses okay?"

Nathan stepped closer to him. "I want to be with you."

Curls simply shook his head.

"It seemed like you wanted to be with me last night. What happened?"

Curls turned away, unable to look him in the eye when he said, "I just wanted a fuck okay? Don't read into it."