Chapter 2

Nathan’s narration:

All horrible dates start with the phrase “I know someone perfect for you.”

Your friends honestly think they are doing you a favor, but what they are actually doing is cursing your dating/sex life. I know this because it happens to me on a regular basis.

This time it was my friend Siva who’s girlfriend Nareesha just knew “someone perfect for me”.

We happened to run into them at the pub that night. Siva decided to come out after spending his savings on getting headshots taken.

See Siva is an amateur model trying to break into the business.

It was difficult in London to get agencies to take you seriously without an agent of your own.

We all knew Siva had the looks and the charisma to make it in the business, but he just needed to get his foot in the door.

Anyway, his girlfriend Nareesha had been with Siva for as long as I’d known him. I would like to say she was one of the lads, but she was not even close. She was like a second mum to us.

This, however, may have been why she decided to set me up with someone she knew that was…like I said before…perfect for me.

---- 

“Mate, what are you wearing in this one?” Tom asked as he held up one of Siva’s headshots.

Siva tried to grab it from him. “It’s a turtle neck!”

Tom’s eyes widened. “Look like one of those pygmies or something.”

Max laughed and took a swig of his beer.

“I need another fucking shot.” He said then headed up to the bar.

Max was eyeing a few birds sitting at a table nearby.

Nathan leaned over towards him. “What about the bird at the game?”

Max shrugged. “She’ll find me if she wants me.” He said then puckered his lips at the girls and they giggled.

“You are a male slag. You realize that right?”

Max wiggled his eyes brows. “Can that be the title of tomorrow’s column then?”

I playfully shoved him. “Speaking of which, I haven’t finished it yet. My deadline is approaching.”

Max nudged him. “Well you better get a bird to shag so you have something to write about aye.”

Nathan was about to respond when Nareesha came over and hugged him. “She is on her way Nathie.”

I faked a smile. “Brilliant.”

She squeezed his cheek. “Oh you are going to love her.”

“Yeah?”

Nareesha nodded.

“What can you tell me about her?”

Nareesha smiled. “She has got a fantastic personality.”

“Fantastic.” Nathan began to chug his beer.

“Stop it Nath. She is also cute and sweet as well.”

He swallowed. “What does she do?”

“She is a writer too.”

Nathan was actually intrigued. “Yeah? What does she write?”

Nareesha just smiled at him. “I think she is texting me. Hang on.” She said then walked away.