Chapter 34

Text from Nath: I need you.

Nath did not have to wait long. Within minutes there was a knock at the door.

As soon as Nathan opened the door, he fell apart.

Tom let Nathan fall into his arms. He said nothing and just held him.

"It's okay." Tom said walking them into the apartment. He kicked the door closed and stood there and let Nathan cry on him. "Tell me what happened."

Nathan tried to compose himself. "Well, I went over to his flat and when I got there...he was all packed up."

Tom's eyes widened. "Where the fuck is he going?"

"The states! He is fucking moving to another county and didn't even think of telling me."

Tom held him again. He kissed the top of his head. "Come sit with me." He said then walked them over to the bed.

"I don't even think he was going to tell me." Nathan said sadly.

Tom shook his head. "He should be glad he is moving away because if I saw him on the street I'd beat the ever loving shit out of him."

Nathan shook his head. "You don't need to do that Tom."

Tom looked into his eyes. "Like hell I don't. You are the most important thing to me and you fucking know that. Nobody fucks with you. Nobody."

Nathan hugged Tom tightly. "I am so glad you are here."

Week 1- Sunday with the fellas

Max looked at the paper more closely. "Fuck Nath, I think I'd rather read the obituaries."

Nathan didn't say anything. He was still so sad about Curls moving away and not even telling him.

Max read, "Is love blind? Why do we follow all the signs from our hearts...but not... from our heads?

"It's true." Siva said agreeing with Nathan's column.

Max threw the paper down. "Fucking rubbish. When are you going to snap out of this Nath?"

Nathan sipped his beer and said nothing.

Max leaned over to Tom. "Mate, this isn't healthy."

"Just let him be. He just needs time." Tom said.

Week 2- Sunday with the fellas

Max read. "Love can feel so close even if it is.....miles away?"

Max widened his eyes. "Oh for fuck's sake."

"Leave him alone Max." Siva said in defense. "He has a broken heart. He needs to heal through writing"

"What he fucking NEEDS...is ass." Max said.

Nathan didn't have the energy to defend himself. These past two weeks had been awful. He couldn't eat or sleep much. He had circles under his eyes and pretty much no energy.

"Has he called or texted?" Siva asked.

Nathan simply shook his head no.

"Maybe he just..."

Nathan slammed his fist down. "Maybe he never gave a shit about me Seev. Did you ever think about that?!" he cried then left the table.

Siva felt guilty.

Tom put a comforting hand on his shoulder. "He didn't mean it mate."

Siva nodded. "I know. It's just...I was really rooting for those two. How could he do that to Nathan?"