Chapter 60

It took Nathan a few seconds to process that his best friend was kissing him. "Tom no." he said as he pushed him off.

Tom stopped but looked at him with longing.

"Tom."

Tom kissed him again but this time it was harder and with more passion.

Nathan shoved him off harder. "What the fuck Tom?"

"I'm sorry..I just...I've had feelings for you...for a while..."

Nathan always had suspected but it was one thing to suspect...another to actually hear his best mate saying the words. "I dunno what to say...I...." he stopped because he literally did not know what to say.

Tom stepped back and lowered his arms to his sides releasing Nathan from his entrapment. "You don't have to say anything...I know you love....him. I guess it just all bottled up with you not talking to me. I guess it was easier to be in denial when I knew I was in your life but now...now I feel as though I have lost you forever."

Nathan ran his hand through his wavy hair. "Why didn't you say something sooner?"

Tom became teary eyed and let out a laugh. "You know me Nath. First of all I wasn't willing to admit that I had feelings for....a bloke you know? I don't feel gay...it is just different with you."

"You don't have to have a label you know. You could have talked to me." Nathan said then slowly walked towards Tom and hugged him.

Tom closed his eyes and held onto his friend.

"I forgive you." Nathan whispered into his ear.

Tom opened his eyes. "You do?"

Nathan nodded still hugging him.

Tom closed his eyes at the feeling of Nathan's soft cheek sliding over the stubble on his own cheek.

Nathan felt a bit nervous but backed off so he could look Tom in the eye. "And it's not pity if that is what you are thinking."

Tom chuckled. "I was thinking that."

Nathan smiled.

"Thank you, Nathan."

Nathan rubbed Tom's arm up and down gently.

"Listen, I don't want things to get weird okay?"

Nathan chuckled. "I think we are past weird mate."

Tom nodded trying to force a smile. "Well, I just want your friendship back. I will do anything."

Nathan smiled. "We will be fine. Can we just promise to always talk to each other? No more secrets?"

Tom nodded. "I promise and I will try and get to know Curls. I know he makes you happy and you...love...him." Tom said then motioned to walk past Nathan.

Nathan placed his palm on Tom's chest. "I do...love..him."

Tom forced a smile and looked into his friend's eyes. "I know that. I know that we can never...be together...so you don't have to worry okay?"

Nathan didn't respond.

"Since we are friends again...can you do me a favor?"

Nathan smirked. "Always asking for favors Parker."

Tom let out a laugh. "Can you forget what I just told you so we can not have things be weird between us."

"Forget?" Nathan asked.

Tom nodded. "I know you are with him and you love him."

Nathan took a step closer to him. "That is the reason."