Chapter 6

Nathan's phone kept buzzing on the table while he and his friends sat at the bar.

"Fuck, who IS that?" Max said in annoyance. "Is it that bird? I thought she dropped you?"

Siva shoved him.

Nathan rolled his eyes and ignored the text again. "It's not her."

"Oh I know who it is." Tom said with a smirk.

"Thomas." Nathan said sternly.

Tom couldn't help himself. "It's FeFe." Tom said with a chuckle.

"Quit calling him that." Nathan said shaking his head.

"Oh shit. Speak of the devil." Tom said and used his beer to point behind Nathan.

Nathan's eyes widened.

"Oh my gawd Nathan! I was texting you." Felix said heading over to them.

Nathan turned and forced a smile. "Hey, mate. Sorry just didn't want to be rude at the table."

Felix waved it off. "Oh I get it. So what are you boys up to?" he asked sitting beside Nathan making himself comfortable.

Max leaned into Tom's ear. "Is he really wearing pink jeans?"

Tom just simply shook his head.

"We were just hanging out." Siva said.

Just then the waitress came over. "Can I get you something love?"

No Felix thought then smiled. "Oh gurl, I need a cosmo."

Tom glared at Nathan.

He simply shook his head and looked away from Tom.

Nathan narration:

In case you were wondering, I met Felix at the tribune. He writes a column about fashion. Basically, we have nothing in common, except that my editor thought we'd make a cute couple.

Now, you 'my readers' know that I am not shy about my bisexuality. In fact, once I started openly discussing it in this column, my followers on almost every social media sight sky- rocketed.

Anyway, back to what I was saying. So my editor thought that Felix and I would hit it off. Turns out, he is a very nice lad and I enjoy having him around from time to time.

He can be a bit clingy and flirty, but that is his personality. I think we both know that it would have never worked out between us.

My mates tease him a bit, but deep down they actually enjoy having him around as well.

---------

Felix playfully hit Nathan. "Hey Nath, we totes have to go shopping tomorrow. I saw the most A-MAZING trainers. Totes your style babe."

Nathan nodded. "I'm going to go get another beer. Anybody need anything?"

Everyone seemed taken care of.

Felix frowned as Nathan headed to the bar.

Siva leaned in to say something into Felix's ear. "You okay mate?"

Felix sighed. "I am torturing myself I know."

Siva patted him on the back for comfort.

Felix frowned. "I heard he shagged some slag last night."

"How do you know about that already?" Siva asked.

Felix sighed. "I can't reveal my sources."

Siva just shook his head. "Is it that he shagged a girl that is bothering you so much or that it wasn't you?"

Felix said nothing, which spoke volumes to Seev.

Shortly after, Nathan came back with his beer. "So, what'd I miss?"

Felix looked nervous. "Oh nothing. Just catching up with Seev here."

Nathan nodded.

"So Seev here tells me you lot, are heading out to a club after."

Nathan glared at Siva, as if to say, I can't believe you told him. Why can't you keep your mouth shut?

"Yeah, we're thinking about it." Nathan responded.

Felix nodded, but kept staring at Nathan waiting.

Nathan did care about him and did not want him to feel left out. "You are coming right?"

Felix smiled wide. "I thought you'd never ask." He said then rested his head on Nathan's shoulder.

Siva gave Nathan a pity smile.

Nathan smiled back. No matter what, he knew that Felix was a great friend to him. It didn't matter what his friends thought.

As long as he was honest with Felix and never led him on, he felt okay about having him in his life.

At the club, there were strobe lights, techno music and people packed in dancing and drinking.

"Shit, all this needs are us gays." Felix said then began to dance and walk.

Nathan shook his head and smiled.

The reason they chose this club was because of the music. Tom and Max absolutely loved dance/techno music.

"Come dance with me Nates." Felix said dragging him by the hand.

"I don't dance." He said pulling away.

Felix smiled as if it were a challenge. "I will teach you babes."

Just then a taller man with no shirt on came up to Felix.

"I can teach you a few things."

Felix raised an eyebrow.

Nathan encouraged him to go dance with the stanger.

As Felix was dragged off, Nathan sighed in relief then quickly turned to go head to the bar for a drink.

He bumped into someone as he turned. "Sorry." He said loudly.

When he glanced at who he was, he could only see the back of him.

It was a taller man with noticeably brown curly hair. The man gave Nathan an accepting wave as if to say it was fine.

Nathan was in shock for a few minutes. He was frozen just starring at the man push his way through the crowd.

Other people began pushing past him and he stumbled a bit.

He lost the man in his sights so he started pushing his way though the crowd to try to catch another glimpse.

Panic began to set in. That could be the only time he would ever see this man and that scared him more than he would have liked to admit.

By the time he made it to the bar, the man was nowhere in sight. His heart sunk a bit.

He felt pretty pathetic about the fact that his encounter was one of the most exciting things that has happened to him in a long while...including his recent shagging partner.

He sighed then waited for the bartender to come over to him.