Chapter 51

Gavin woke up early to cook breakfast for them. While he was in the kitchen, he heard a buzzing sound.

He turned and saw that Nathan had dropped his phone on the floor.

He walked over and picked it up.

It was Tom.

Gavin put the phone in his back pocket and headed back into the kitchen.

He flipped a pancake and began to sing softly to himself.

Don't go changin'

To try and please me

You never let me down before

Mmmm Mmmm Mmmmm

Nathan's phone buzzed again.

Gavin reached back and glanced at the screen.

Text from Curls: Did you get home okay?

Gavin's heart dropped. He thought Nathan was acting weird, but he didn't expect this.

Just then Nathan walked out of the bedroom rubbing his eyes. "Something smells good."

Gavin forced a smile then turned back to flip the next pancake.

Nathan walked over and hugged him from behind. "You didn't have to make breakfast."

"I wanted to do something nice." He said then continued cooking.

"Come back to bed."

"I am making you breakfast."

Nathan thought he was acting strangely. "Are you okay?"

Gavin nodded. "Sure." He said then looked over his shoulder and forced a smile.

Nathan let him go.

"Oh by the way, you must have dropped your phone when you came in last night." He said then held it up to him.

Nathan's heart dropped. He was hoping Gavin hadn't snooped around in his phone. Nathan took it. "Um...Thanks hun."

Gavin nodded.

Nathan quickly checked the history. He saw that Curls had sent him a text this morning, but it was not read. So Gavin didn't' snoop, but he could have glanced at the message notification. Shit, he thought to himself.

If Gavin hadn't looked at it, he would be setting himself up. But if he had, Gavin knew he lied and it needed to be addressed.

"Gavin."

"What's up?" he asked then turned the stove off.

"Can we talk?"

Gavin walked the plate of pancakes over to the kitchen table. "Come sit and eat breakfast." He said then headed to the fridge to get the juice out.

Nathan sat at the table. He waited for Gavin to finally sit down.

"Gavin please?"

Gavin took a deep breath. "Yes?"

"Yes, I was with him last night."

Gavin looked like someone had just told him that someone he loved died.

Nathan reached over and took his hand. "Nothing happened."

Gavin nodded. "Why were you hanging out exactly? You said you were hanging out with friends. Somehow I don't think he is a friend."

"He asked me to hang out as friends. I swear."

Gavin just waited.

"Okay. Please say something."