Chapter 72

Chapter 72

~Katelyn’s P.O.V. ~

Nicole brought me to my seat and I was at the point where I couldn’t stop shaking. I couldn’t believe that I saw Jake; he looked at me as if he was sorry, like he wanted to be with me. Tears just kept falling from my eyes and they refused to stop. I couldn’t take it anymore; I wanted to get out of this damn plane. I began to panic and Nicole quickly restrained me in my seat. My behavior had caused unwanted attention to be turned towards me. Nicole quickly put my seatbelt on and put her hands around me to calm me down.

“Shh…don’t worry Katelyn…you’ll see him again when you’re ready…don’t force yourself to be like this…please remember you have other things to worry about other than yourself and Jacob…please calm down…relax…and take a deep breath…take a small nap…if we get to Cairo early I’ll wake you up” Nicole whispered quietly.

I began to feel slightly relaxed with her words; Nicole helped me in a way. Nicole was such a nice girl and she was lucky to have Amun and well…they were lucky to have one another. I could see Nicole glare at the people who were staring at me because of my little episode.

“Haven’t you people have your own minds?...if you do have your own minds then pay attention to yourself and not her…stop staring or you’ll end up dead” Nicole threatened.

The crowd of people quickly turned their attention to something else. I sighed and relaxed in my seat as Nicole took her spot beside me. She smiled lightly at me and held my hand.

“Just sleep ok…I’ll wake you up when we get there” Nicole whispered to me.

I sighed and closed my eyes and waited for sleep to take me away but it didn’t come as easily as I expected. It wasn’t easy because once I did manage to fall asleep I heard Ra’s voice calling me in my mind. I knew then and there that I had to speak to him and so I allowed Ra to carry my soul to the heavens where we would always speak.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up in the center of the meeting room with the other gods and goddesses watching over me. I looked around and saw Ra sitting in his throne watching me with intent eyes. It only made me feel self conscious and very uncomfortable seeing as how his eyes seeped of disappointment.

“Bastet…your punishment came without a doubt…although I was expecting that your imprint would attack and kill your last child…it seems that you have a bit of luck on your side or else you would have lost your second life and your child’s…and I am sure that I would not have given you a third life for another thousand years…like I said before…luck was on your side Bastet because of Amun…heir to the Egyptian throne who saved your very life…and with that…I am willing to forget these past events…if Amun believes that you are worthy enough to keep alive along with that abomination growing within you then so be it…I will look forward to this miracle child…and since Amun wants to be by your side Bastet so be it…I will personally make sure that he watches over you until you decide so…and with that matter out of the way I am blessing that miracle child within you a gift…a special gift…one that will please you very much” Ra stated as he walked up to me and picked me up off the marble floor.

“A gift? What kind of gift?” I asked.

“I am giving your miracle child the gift of age my dear Bastet” Ra stated as he smiled and pressed his hand against my stomach.

“Age? So my child will have a rapid life? A rapid life is not a gift…it is a curse” I stated angrily as I pushed Ra’s hand away from my stomach.

“It may be so…but once your child finds its mate then it will stop ageing” Ra said as he placed his hand back on my stomach.

“What if my child does not find a mate in time?” I asked.

“Then your child will surely die” Ra said as he slowly backed away from me. “It is done…” Ra stated as he waved his hand in dismissal. “You may go”

I remained still and placed my hand on my stomach and looked at Ra with sad eyes. Ra ignored me and slowly turned to sit back down at his throne. I ignored his stare and walked out of the room and went straight for mine. I aid down on my soft bed and curled up into a ball and cried myself to sleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Katelyn….Katelyn…wake up sweetie…we’re here…the plane landed and we have to leave” I heard Nicole’s voice speak to me.

I groaned and slowly opened my eyes and rubbed then of their sleep. I sighed and looked at Nicole and smiled. I stood up and held my stomach, it felt strange, it wasn’t right. It wasn’t right mainly because I could feel slow movements, but they weren’t normal. It made me wonder what was really growing inside of me, was my child going to be a normal male with the characteristics of a Mau or a wolf? Or was my child going to be some sort of monstrous demon.

“Amun just called me and he said that he would have someone come and take up to some place…I don’t know what it’s called but it’s supposed to be secret” Nicole stated.

“A hidden place? Strange? I’ve been all around Egypt and I haven’t known of any secret place” I said quietly mainly to myself.

“Yeah…well we should be going…let’s go”

I smiled and walked behind Nicole as we got out of the plane. I sighed once I saw the sun, it felt good on my skin. I felt more alive now that the sun hot my skin. Nicole smiled and laughed.

“Wow there’s so much sun here…..how will Amun survive here?” Nicole asked.

“Don’t worry…vampire’s have ways in living in areas with sun” I stated. “They choose to hide in their dark castles or hide underground” I said quietly and looked around. “Who are we supposed to meet anyway?” I asked.

“Some guy named Johnathan Joy” Nicole said as she looked around too.

“John?” I asked. “No…Amun couldn’t possible know him” I stated.

My doubts were however corrected because there in a small opening I saw John holding a sign that said Bastet. My eyes widened and I quickly took Nicole’s hand and walked to john and put down the sign. I glared at John and he smiled and ruffled my hair. I sighed and pushed him away and laughed slightly.

“Nice to see you again Katelyn…but under these circumstances is very disappointing…what would your mother and father think if they knew about you and your behavior” John scolded me.

“John please…I don’t need to be taught a lesson right now…I’ve suffered a lot and I don’t need to hear it from you too” I stated.

“Um…who’s he? Do you know him?” Nicole asked.

“Yes I do…this is Johnathan Joy…my step father” I said. “But how do you know Amun?” I asked.

“I know Amun because he created me…he made me what I am today…and I am a proud member of his army” John said as he slowly rolled up his sleeve to show me the proud sigh of a lynx.

“You’re a Mau? How? You don’t have the blood?”

“Amun created me…” John said as he turned around and pulled down his collar and there behind his neck I saw another mark, one that I have never seen in my entire life. “Don’t worry Bastet…Amun will explain things once he arrives…but until then I was ordered to take you to our location”

“What location is this?” I asked.

“It is an underground civilization called Amon-Ra…it lies underneath the Sphinx…which I am in charge of until Amun or you arrive…”

“Underneath the Sphinx? Is that why you were so interested in it when ii first met you?”

“Yes…which is why I also fooled your brothers into thinking I was repairing your tomb and the Sphinx” John laughed. “Come…we must be on our way before it gets too late”

“Agreed” I said and followed John to his jeep where he took Nicole and I to this secret underground civilization.