Chapter 12

Chapter 12

~Katelyn's P.O.V.~

Adrian wasn't joking when she said when would wake me up early. She had woken me at 3 in the morning, and I was dead tired. Right now I was waiting in the truck as Adrian drove me to the airport. I had dozed off here and there but when we arrived I had boarded the plane alone. There I spent nearly 12 hours and finally we had landed.

The flight was brutal, I could not sleep and it was irritating me. Right now I was waiting at a small table for my brothers a bit anxious to see them. I haven't seen them in three whole years, they must have grown a lot. The airport was practically empty due to the fact that it was practically midnight maybe even later over here. I sighed and continued to mess with the box, it hasn't been easy trying to open it. It was a complete hassle. It bothered me to know that I couldn't even open it.

"Kitten?" I heard a voice call out to me and I instantly turned around.

I jumped and embraced a completely different Damion and Tristan. They have completely grown up and they looked completely different to me.

"Damion! Tristan! Oh my god you guys look good...your...muscular?" I stated.

They both laughed at me.

"You look beautiful Kat" Tristan said.

"Yeah I agree...you've really grown up...I mean look at you...you have curves!" Damion shouted.

I laughed and pulled away from the hug. "Yeah...I've changed a lot..."

"Come on we should get going...John won't be so happy if we stayed here" Tristan said as he took my suitcase.

"John? Who's John" I asked.

"We'll explain later...actually he's going to tell you" Damion stated as he took my hand and walked me out of the airport.

When we were outside I saw a man in his late 30's maybe his late 40's leaning against an old worn out jeep. He gave me a quick smile when he saw me.

"Hello" Was all he said.

"Kitty...this is John...John this is our twin Katelyn" Tristan introduced us.

"Hey...Becca told me a lot about you...she really missed you...I'm her husband...and your step father...I hope you don't mind" John said kindly.

"She remarried?" I asked. "She remarried and no one bothered to tell me...and you say she missed me?...how long have you been married?" I asked.

"Nearly two years" John answered.

"Ohh..." I said quietly. 'Was she happy?" I asked.

"Very" John said.

"Then I'm happy" I said before getting into the car.

John drove us home and once there I placed my suitcase beside the dresser and the puzzle box beside the night stand. I changed into a pair of shorts and a tank top and I laid down falling asleep quickly.

~????'s P.O.V.~

The tomb didn't contain Bastet's heart. I had been truly disappoint when I could not find it. My search did not end however, I had to find the heart and bring it to my Beloved Bastet. I had been watching her for quite some time and I was certain that this was truly my Beloved Bastet. I watched and waited for the house to quiet over and sleep. When I was positive no one was awake I quietly entered the building through Bastet's window.

I saw her sleeping peacefully within the sheets. I could hear her heart beating light both within her body and in the puzzle box. I allowed my fingers to lightly skim over her blazing cheeks and I smirked when her blood smelt completely enticing causing my throat to burn wildly. I backed away quietly and picked up the puzzle box gently. The wood had aged and was worn completely.

I lightly pushed the four sided and the centers circle popped out. I gently turned the center circle four turns to the right, three to the left, six to the right, and one to the left before pushing the center in. There was a soft click and the box opened.

I opened it slightly and smiled happily when I saw the heart of my beloved Bastet in the form of the necklace I had given her all those years ago. I placed the open box beside the nightstand along with her heart in hopes that she would change her heart. I turned to my Bastet and placed a soft kiss on the top of her head before leaving the room.