Chapter 15

Chapter 15

~Katelyn's P.O.V.~

I looked up at the night sky, and the stars that veiled the sky peacefully. I was finally back in Forks. I didn't bother going back to see Adrian and Juan first. My first obligation was to find Carlisle, and I first had to track him down. I walked through the dark forest holding my heart close to my body.

I focused on finding the scent of Edward or at least Carlisle, when I found Edward's scent I quickly followed it and it led me to a large simple yet elegant looking home. I smirked but then wrinkled my nose from the smell as I approached the house. The door opened the very minute I stepped in the door step and I was greeted happily by a short girl with pale skin, topaz eyes, and pixie hair.

"Oh...hey! Your Katelyn right? Bella told me a lot about you...but what are you doing up so late?"

"Is Carlisle Cullen here by any chance..." I stated getting right to the point.

I watched as the girls eyes turned completely black and she took small steps away from me. I smirked knowing what she was feeling but then straightened my face when Carlisle was at the door.

"Katelyn...what brings you here?" Carlisle asked.

"I came for your help" I stated.

"With what kind of help?"

"A surgery...seeing as how you are a doctor I need your help with something....I need you to help me and I will not take no for an answer" I said as I tightened my grip on the container.

"Surgery? Why do you need it? Your a perfectly healthy young woman" Carlisle spoke out.

"Look within this very container I carry a heart...this heart is very valuable to me...I need it within my body so I can protect it...I refuse to let anyone take this from me and control me...please Dr. Cullen do this favor for me" I said in a hushed tone. "Will you help me?" I asked.

Carlisle held a compassion in his eyes before speaking. "I will help you...but...you have to tell me the truth on what you are" Carlisle bargained.

"Seems fair enough" I said as I smirked.

"Good...now come inside...I'll get things started for you"

"Thank you" I said gratefully as I slowly entered his home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hours had passed...I was asleep for hours I could feel it. I felt different, changed almost. When my eyes had opened I looked around the large white room it looked twice as defined and detailed. I smirked lightly as I felt sudden rushes of the memories from my past life zoom past my mind instantly. I grasped my head a bit from the slight ache but collected myself quickly. I sat up and saw Carlisle standing on one side of the bed smiling at me with curiosity. I blinked several times before taking a deep breath.

"Katelyn...you're up already?...of course you are it doesn't surprise me...you heal at a fast pace...I found that out when I made the first incision it was challenging to say the least you would always heal whenever I made a single cut...that and your body's temperature is ridiculously high...nearly 110°...and I have a reason to believe that you are a shape shifting wolf just like those who live in the reserve" Carlisle stated.

I scoffed and shook my head. "Never call me that...I will not lower myself to those filthy hounds" I hissed out.

"Filthy hounds?...so you're not one of then? What are you then?"Carlisle asked.

"You don't remember seeing me before? Not even my scent? Its funny...I remember you clearly...and your family...I was in the clearing and was attacked and bitten by one of your family members...he was a big brute"

"Emmett? He bit you?"

"Yes...but it was out of defense and I was outnumbered and ran away...I was lucky that the venom wore off or else it could have killed me" I said slowly fading off the main topic. "Anyway...you were there when Emmett sank his teeth into my white coat...that tiger you encountered in the clearing that supposedly was going to attach Bella in your point of view...was me" I said lightly.

Carlisle remained silent for a while as the other leeches had quickly entered the room. My eyes were focused on Emmett mainly because I was keeping my eyes on his every move, I didn't trust the Cullen's fully. The blonde beside his was giving me cold glares that was obviously filled with hatred and anger. I could only help but laugh at her attempt to intimidate me.

"Why are you laughing?" the blonde hissed at me.

"I'm laughing because I think it's funny the way you think you actually scare me when you don't...I'm not afraid of you I kill blood sucking leeches like you for a living" I said as I crossed my arms.

"You shouldn't take me so lightly...I can kill you easily...your just a pathetic weak human" She hissed back growing angry with me.

"Do not mistake me for a human you filthy leech...and besides at least I have a beating heart...and a soul" I stated as I got up. "Carlisle...thank you for your help...I greatly appreciated it but I must be going...I don't want to cause any trouble here"

"Why should you leave? You still have to explain yourself to me and you did say that you would tell me everything" Carlisle stated.

"No I didn't...the deal was that I would tell you the truth about what I was and I told you...I have nothing holding me back now...thank you Dr. Cullen for your much needed help but I must take my leave" I said harshly as I quickly left the Cullen home and went for Adrian's.