Chapter 37

Chapter 37

~Katelyn's P.O.V.~

Sam was out on patrol with Paul and Jared. Emily was in the kitchen cooking for when the boys came back. I watched in silence as Emily was rummaging around in the kitchen. I began to recall the past event that led me here and my eyes began to tear up. I couldn't believe that I was so close to losing control. I could have really hurt Jake. A soft sob escaped my lips and I could feel small tears fall from my eyes.

"Kat...what's wrong?" I heard Emily ask quietly. "Why are you crying?"

"Jake and I had a fight and I almost hurt him Emily...I almost lost control and lost it..." I murmured softly. "And it's all because of that damn Bela" I hissed out.

"Bella? Charlie's girl?"

"Yes...she's going to take Jake away from me Emily...that filthy leech loving girl is going to take my Jake..."

"And how do you know that she will?" Emily questioned seriously.

"I was told..."

"And who would say that to you?"

"Someone I can trust dearly" I said quietly.

"Well...if you trust this person who told you this information then perhaps you shouldn't really trust the person at all...what if this person was lying to you?"

"No Emily...the power of a god is far too great...he would not tell a lie to Bastet"

"Power of a god? No being can have the power of a god Katelyn...look I can see that you're upset and my advice is that you have to forget your feelings for now and go back and appoligize to Jake...maybe then you two can be on good terms..."

"Apologizing won't work Emily...I know Jake won't want to see me...not after today"

"What happened today?" Emily asked as she took a seat at the table.

"I don't want to talk about it Emily...I feel like everytime I talk about 'HER'...makes my blood boils"

"Well then...if you don't want to talk about it then all I can say is that one of you will have to apologize...and it doesn't matter who says sorry first just do it and everything will be fine" Emily said and went back to work on the food.

I took a deeply needed sigh and stood up. "I'm going for a walk...if Sam comes tell him I was looking for him ok Emily" I announced sadly.

"Sure thing"

I walked out of the house and went straight to the cover of the trees. I removed my clothes and quickly phased. It felt good to be in this form. I slowly stretched out my limps and took off in a slow run, but I gradually gained speed. I soon found myself running through the dence trees. I began to feel small droplets of rain fall on my perfect white pelt.

My large paws moved swiftly on the ground, leaving large prints in the mussy dirt. I quickened my pace feeling completely free and at peace. Still however my peaceful moments were interupted by the sounds of a screaming kid. My ears perked up and I followed. I had caught the scent of blood and something more. It was disturbing but it was also exciting.

I quickly followed the scent that was slowly fading away from the rain. I quickly followed the scent not wanting to lose it. As I grew closer the sound of painful screaming and sad cries began to fill the air. I followed the screams and cries and discovered two young boys. One was being brutally attacked by a filthy dark skinned leech with bright red eyes that turned violet and dredlocks hanging from his head, the other boy was crying for help.

I bent my ears back and gave a loud warning hiss, showing my sharp teeth as well. The leech quickly tuened and smiled sadistically when he saw me. I growled when I saw his mouth, face, hands, and clothes were drentched with the blood of the boy.The leech laughed and shook his head.

"Another one...my this is my lucky day...it looks like you're going to be my main course after I finish these little snacks" The leeched said.

I gave out a mighty roar and watched as the leech recoiled and flinched. I was glad to know that I was intimidating him. I took slow steps toward the dark skinned leech and he backed away slowly. I hissed again this time louder sending a message to him. The leech backed away from both boys and paid attention to me.

"I guess it isn't worth it...besides I know it isn't right to toy with a mothers kittens" The leech said cooly before quickly running away, vanishing almost immediatly.

My attention was suddenly brought to the young boys. My body acted on instincts and it quickly went to the injured boy. My body phased back into its human form examined the injured boy. His body was drentched with his own blood, his skin reaked with the leeches venom. The young boys bones were battered and broken, some bones were pierced through his taned skin. I covered my mouth and gasped when I saw a mark on the boys arm. It was the mark of a mau, the mark of a lion. This boy was just like me, but he wasn't healing.

"Will...will you help him...please help my brother...he's all I have left" the other boy cried out as he wiped the tears from his eyes.

"I don't know if I can help your brother much...but I do know that if his body doesn't heal correctly then he won't be able to make it..." I muttered out quietly.

The boy cried out harder and was begging for his brother to get better. I knew ultimately that there was nothing I could have done. The only thing I could have done was watch as another mau died before me. I couldn't believe that there were more. The damaged boy before me couldn't believe his eyes as he laid them on his dead brother. I felt small tears fall from my very eyes out of pity, but I collected myself and went over to the crying boy.

"What"s your name?" I asked.

The boy nervously looked up at me with frightened eyes and a pale face. He slowly stopped shaking and he looked at me with sad eyes.

"Alexander Ruez..." The boy whispered out.

I smiled lightly. "May I call you Alex?" I asked.

The boy gave me a small nodd of his head. I smiled again and took his hand in mine. The boy looked up at me with sad eyes with tears still falling from them.

"Alex...we have to get away from here...if we don't then that man will be coming after you too" I said quietly

"What man? That thing wasn't a man...he was a monster...it killed my brother..."

"Look...Alex...we have to get away from here...will you be willing to come with me?...after all you're just a young kitten"

There was a short pause as Alex was thinking to himself.

"You're just like me...if I go with you will you help me?"

"Of course I will...my young kitten" I said. "Just wait a few seconds here for me is that alright?" I asked.

Alex quickly nodded his head. I smiled and quickly went behind a large tree and quickly threw on my pants and my tanktop. I went back to Alex and threw him on my back knowing that he was too tired to move. I quickly ran through the trees and made my way back to Emily's house. I could tell that the boys were inside the house because I could hear their laughter. When I neared the house I saw Sam and the others come straight outside including Emily.

"Katelyn...whe need to talk" Sam said but then noticed Alex on my back.

"Who's the kid?" Paul asked.

"I found him when I was in the forest...he and his brother were attacked by a leech Sam" I stated.

"What! Where?" Sam asked already angry with himself for not knowing.

"Where's the other one?" Paul asked.

Alex stiffened on my body and I could feel his emotions run wild inside of him.

"Control your emotions Alex...don't let them get out of control" I said quietly to Alex. "Look Sam...can I leave him here for a while so I could talk to Adrian and see if he could stay with me" I stated.

"Sure" Sam said without a second thought.

I smiled and walked inside and placed
Alex on a chair by the kitchen table. Alex looked up at me scared and worried, I could tell that he didn't want me to leave him.

"Please watch him Sam...he's one of my kind...he's important" I said to Sam. "Alex...I'll be right back alright? Don't worry...you can trust these people they're nice and welcoming"

I quickly left the house and quickly made my way to Adrian's house.