Chapter 71

Chapter 71

~Damion’s P.O.V. ~

I was running my usual patrol routes and I couldn’t help but think about Kat and if she was alright. She wasn’t the type of person who would run off alone, even if she wasn’t alone she was still with that leech of hers. I sniffed the air hoping to at least find her scent, but it was hopeless. Still through my frantic searching I heard a car zoom past me on the wet streets, but this wasn’t any normal car. The sirens buzzed loudly and I could see Charlie inside the car. Curiosity got the damn best of me and I followed. I ran after Charlie’s police cruiser and saw him dialing numbers on his phone. So that was the time that my ears perked up and listened to his conversation.

“Adrian…it’s Charlie…I may have found a lead on Katelyn…yes…she was spotted not long ago at an airport in Seattle…yeah I’m on my way there…don’t worry…I’ll bring her back…she’s being stalled right now…don’t worry I made sure that the officer in charge of the vicinity is keeping her there…maybe when I bring her back you could tighten up her leash…alright…I’ll see you later Adrian” Charlie said quickly as he hung up his phone.

My eyes widened and I quickly ran faster, passing Charlie’s cruiser as I did so. I looked through my mind and focused on contacting Tristan, who was with Jake at the moment.

‘Tristan!!’ I thought out loudly.

I heard a high hissing sound followed by a low growl. ‘Speak a little softer you know…a mind isn’t meant to withstand certain levels of sound!’

‘Sorry…I couldn’t help myself…I have news’ I stated.

‘I hope its good news…because right now Jake’s not looking too good’

‘Yes…its good news…Charlie may have found Kat…right now I’m going towards the airport…she may be there…and if she is we can stop her and bring her back and make her fix things with Jake’

‘Katelyn’s been found? That’s good news…I’m on my way’ Tristan stated.

I smiled and picked up my speed and quickly made my way to the airport, hoping that Kat wouldn’t leave just yet.

~Jacob’s P.O.V. ~

I couldn’t believe this; I finally lost Bella to that damn leech. Billy gave me their wedding invitation and personally seeing this just broke my heart. Now I’ve lost both things that I’ve ever cared about. Kat was gone and I knew nothing was going to ever change her mood towards me and I was stupid for pushing her away. I was pissed off when I got that damn wedding invite, it made me want to just walk out and rip that little Cullen boy’s head to shreds. I was stuck…and I didn’t know what to do…I was never in this type of predicament before and this is just ridiculous. I missed Katelyn; I missed her smile, her laugh, and those eyes of hers. They were something that I would never get tired of looking at. I made huge mistakes and Katelyn was right, she would always apologize to me and forgive me for them and take me back. I was a jerk, she made one damn mistake and I push her away, I threw her out like she was a piece of trash. I didn’t mean to do that to her and now I was really regretting it. I missed her. I missed my imprint.

I was lying in my bed just thinking, should I leave and find Katelyn on my own terms? Or should I stay here and work alongside Sam and follow his orders to find Katelyn. I wanted to find her on my own; I wanted to see her and to beg for her to take me back. I just wanted to forget about the past and live my life with her, I needed to see her, to be with her again.

“JAKE!” Tristan broke through my door as he tried to catch his breath.

I slowly sat up and looked at him. “What?” I asked.