Chapter 51

Chapter 51

~Katelyn's P.O.V.~

The day was unusually cloudy, well I mean it's always cloudy here but today just felt bad. Alex and I were on patrol near Bella's house. Jake was off patrolling with the others as well. No one wanted to take a break until Victoria was caught and taken care of. Sadly, its only been two days since everyone decided to protect Bella.

I wasn't happy about it but if it made Jake happy then I went along with it. I of course was given the job of babysitting Bella. Jake and I have been moderately close. I mean we would have slight arguments but it was nothing serious, we would always kiss and make up after a few minutes.

Amun was nice enough to keep me company while I was on patrol. It was funny because he would always talk about his blood singer. Time passed by slowly and I happened to notice Bella leave the house and get inside her truck. Bella started the engine and drove off. I warned Alex and we quickly followed her. Bella drove to LaPush and pulled her truck over. She got out and began to walk. I went to follow but I caught the scent of that leech Victoria.

'Follow Bella' I ordered. 'I'll go after Victoria'

'Yes Bastet' Alex responded through our link and quickly went after Bella.

I growled and ran after the red headed leech. She was running fast, but I easily caught up to her. The she-vamp hissed and quickly changed her course. She was heading to where Bella was going. The sound of barking was heard and I knew instantly that the pack was behind me.

My jaw instantly locked onto Victoria's arm and I tried to force her into a stop. Victoria had other plans since she refused to stop, she pulled me forward with her inhuman strength and forced me down. Victoria ran for an escape again. I hissed loudly and quickly pounced on her. She rolled on the ground with me and we wrestled hard for a few seconds.

It wasn't until she had her hands around my neck that I began to panic. It was one important rule to us mau's, we are never to allow a vampire get their hands around our neck. I began to throw my weight around to try to get her off me. It wasn't working so I slammed my body onto anything hard. What I wasn't aware that I was losing fighting ground until I felt my body crash down to the freezing water.

I felt Victoria force me down into the water as I tried to swim up for air. Victoria took hold of my and slammed my body against the sharp rocks on the side of the cliff. I felt my skin rip open and the water around me turned red. I hissed lightly and felt my wound burn from the salt water. I could see Victoria's eyes turn black turn black with hunger and she brutally attacked me.

I swung my paws and tried to keep her away, but she took ahold of one of my paws and pulled it hard. I felt a painful snap along with various cracking sounds and my body slowly phased back to its human form and I began to feel weak, woozy, and tired. I was slowly running out of air and my blood was still pouring out from my wound. Victoria roughly grabbed my neck and sank her teeth in my shoulder. I gasped out in pain and my throat was filled with water, I couldn't breathe.

~Jacob's P.O.V.~

Kat fell of the cliff and I panicked. I quickly ran over the edge of the cliff and looked over the water and saw nothing. I was about to jump in after her but Alex came running to the pack.

"Bella! She jumped off the cliff!!" Alex shouted.

My senses went into overdrive, I had to save Bella she was only human and the water was too cold for her. I quickly ran down to First Beach and jumped into the water. Kat would be fine, she can take care of herself.

~Alexander's P.O.V.~

Jake left faster than I have ever seen anyone move in my entire life. Still, would Kat be alright with Jake saving Bella? I sighed and looked around, I couldn't see Kat anywhere. I could smell her scent clearly, but I couldn't see her.

"Alex!" I heard Sam shout.

"Sam...where's Kat?" I asked.

"She fell in the water with Victoria!" Embry yelled.

My eyes widened and I quickly ran over to the edge of the cliff. My eyes focused on the water, I was looking for any sigh of movement, and I found it. I saw a pale figure floating on the water that was tainted red. I knew it wasn't Victoria because I could clearly see Bastet's mark on Kat's back.

"Kat!" I called out and quickly. "She's hurt!" I stated.

I quickly jumped off the cliff and fell hard in the water. I landed only a few feet away from Kat. I swam closer and I saw her face was completely pale and her lips slightly blue. I wrapped my hands around her frozen body and pulled her all the way back to the shore. Sam and the others were there already. Sam was the first one who ran in the water and helped me with Kat. He picked her up and carefully put her down on the ground. What worried me was that she wasn't breathing. I could hear her faint heartbeat, but she wasn't breathing. I was scared to death, I couldn't lose Kat she was like my sister, my mom. She took care of me when I had no one.

I quickly kneeled over her and pressed my hands hard on her chest and tried my best to preform CPR. She wasn't responding, but I wasn't going to give up on her.

"Please...Kat you have to be alright...please wake up!" I shouted. "I'm nothing without my sister my mom! Please wake up"

"Step aside Alexander" I heard a soft voice speak and I clearly knew it was Amun.

Sam and the others growled when they saw Amun. My eyes widened when I saw Amun sit beside Kat. He slowly ran his fingers over her forehead then moved to her cheek and then lips. His eyes darted over her exposed body and wandered off.

"Amun...we have every right to kill you since you crossed onto the border" I said quietly.

"That's right! So are you ready to die?" Paul threatened.

Amun scoffed and shook his head. "I died along time ago...and you mangy pack of dogs do not frighten me...what I am truly afraid of is my Bastet being in danger...she is not as strong as she pretends to be so don't let her fool you"

"Amun...Kat trusts you completely...can you help her?" I asked.

"I can assist you...but after I do...Bastet will owe me a favor..."

"She'll do it...what ever it is she'll do it" I said quickly because I wanted Amun to save Kat.

"Very well...here's what I see...from the damage Victoria has given Bastet has a broken right hand that will need to be re-broken and aligned correctly a wound on her back that seems infected and needs to be washed in order to be healed correctly slight bruising around her neck and what troubles me is the bite on her shoulder...Victoria must have taken a bite and drank quite a bit of Bastet's blood...good news is that all we have to do is to break her arm again and aline it and wash off that wound on her back...the rest is up to her"

"What do you mean up to her?" I asked.

"I mean...she is asleep...her body is burning out Victoria's venom and supplying more blood since she has lost so much"

"Well then...we have to get started"

Amun nodded his head and threw his coat over Kat and carefully picked her up. Sam allowed Amun to take Kat to his house to heal her and to give her a place to sleep until she felt better.