Chapter 42

Chapter 42

~Katelyn's P.O.V.~

That very night Jake went through his transformation. I was there to support him every step of the way. I was there when he phased for the first time. He turned out to be a beautiful russet colored wolf. That very night was also the night that we resolved my issue with Bella once again. Jake seemed to respect my ideals and so he listened. After three days Billy had planned a bonfire for the pack. It was time for me to keep my end of the bargain. I was supposed to tell everyone my story. I was in the kitchen with Emily helping her prepare for the bonfire.

When we were all set on food we went straight to the trucks that carried us all to the beach. Harry had prepared the fire and Jake helped Billy take his place. The boys had all began to dig into the food and when they finished Billy told few Quileute legends. When everyone was finished it was my turn. I smiled lightly as all eyes were on me, no pressure right.

I took my seat on Jake's lap, well I was more like forced by him to sit there. I laughed lightly when Jake kissed the side of my neck.

"Firstly let me start off by saying one thing...no questions till the end...and after I explain my story I want no one to treat me any different than I am today" I stated.

Everyone looked at me weirdly but I smiled lightly ready to begin my story.

"I was born June 27th, 3150 B.C. In Cairo Egypt-"

"What?!" Paul interrupted.

"Shh...let me explain" I said as I saw everyone's shocked expressions. "Like I said...that was when I was first born...to a woman named Amnaktun and she was the mistress to the Pharaoh...when she conceived a child a small girl the Pharaoh was enraged and claimed the child wasn't his...and so he had murdered Amnaktun...she was my mother...the Pharaoh was about to take my life but before he could a miracle happened...the great Ra had descended from the great heavens and stopped the Pharaoh from ending my very life by stating that I was the daughter of Ra...the Pharaoh was spared and was given the task of caring for me as if I was his own but I was to return to my father once I turned 18...the Pharaoh had named me Bastet and as I grew...I grew up to be one of the most beautiful young women there no beauty compared to mine...and my most intriguing feature were my eyes...when I turned 13 I was given a gift from my father and it was the gift of transformation which I was allowed to phase from a wildcat to human...my very first animal that I was able to phase into was the lioness...I had also received a gift from the Pharaoh...he had given me the position as his top mistress...I never wanted to please him but I was forced to he was a man of power and he had kept his word to Ra to raise me as his own but I owed the Pharaoh my life and so I became his pleasing toy...for the first time I thought I felt loved but I wasn't I was being used because the very moment I had turned 14 I had given birth to a beautiful pair of twin boys...of course the Pharaoh had given them the title of Bastards and he tried to kill them but I didn't let him...I was beaten as punishment but I got over it and when I turned 15 I had given birth to another pair of twin boys...I grew sick of being enslaved and I resisted him...and it may have been the worst mistake in my life because later that night he forced himself on me and a year later I gave birth to two more boys...when I turned 18 the Pharaoh was killed by Ra for his treachery and lies...Ra had taken all six of my boys and me onto his ship where we would protect him from Apep as we sailed through the night sky to the underworld...when our time was over I was sent with my children back to Cairo where we were given the job to protect the next Pharaohs from vermin like vampires and werewolves and other demons...over time my kind grew in size...the Pharaohs had called us mau and we grew to be a clan of great proportions and as for me...I was worshiped as Bastet the Goddess of the Mau and over time everything depended on the maus...but it started to change once I met my very first soul mate..." I smiled lightly remembering Amun. "His name was Amun...and he was the son of a Pharaoh...you see at this time my kind began to slowly die away and Amun was my only hope...I needed to keep the mau blood line alive and I meant to marry Amun but the Pharaoh forbid it and he locked me away...Amun wanted to save me and my kind and so he would sneak into my room every night to devise a plan on saving me...it wasn't until one night that he came to me with a plan stating that if I were to seal my heart there was a possible way for me to save my kind from dying off...when the time came for me to seal away my heart it was all devastating...the most pain I had felt in all my life...they had laid me on a stone table and ripped my heart out of my very chest while I was awake...when it was sealed the seal was locked away in a wooden puzzle box...do you remember seeing it Jake? When we first met?" I asked.

"Yeah...it was a small round wooden box yeah...I remember" Jake said lightly.

"Yes well it was given to the Pharaoh by one of the priests...I was betrayed...the Pharaoh had planned on using me as a weapon...I didn't want to be used in that manner and Amun didn't want me to be treated like that either...and so I delivered a silent message to Amun pleading for my death and Amun answered my call...I died June 27,390 A.D....after that the population of maus declined drastically until there was almost none left...on June 27, 1994 I was reborn as Katelyn Pride...I was close to death as well...my mother gave birth to triplets although she was only expecting twins...my two brothers...I was a surprise...I was born a sick dying newborn baby simply because a mau isn't capable of giving birth to a girl and to my kind there is only one female...one ruler and that is Bastet...me...I was reborn and now here I am standing before you as Katelyn Pride" I finished my story and saw the eyes of everyone.

"So...you're basically an old woman?" Paul said. "Wow Jake you dating an old hag!" Paul laughed along with the others.

My face turned red from his comment but not with embarrassment out of anger.

"Actually Paul I'm only 16...it's just that I have the heart and soul of a goddess that's practically thousands of years old" I stated.

"Yeah yeah...say what you want Kat you're still an old woman!" Paul shouted.

I scoffed and threw a water bottle at Paul and laughed when it hit his head.

"You're just jealous that I'm with Jake" I said.

"That's true you know" Jared said and Kim laughed.

"Yeah...because I remember you being very persistent with Kat when you first met" Kim added.

Everyone else laughed throughout the night as we joked around. It was fun, doing something like this with friends and lovers. It reminded me of home and my brothers.