Chapter 26

Chapter 26

~Jacob's P.O.V.~

I couldn't believe it myself. I almost kissed Kat. I wanted to, so bad. She was right in front of me and of course someone had to ruin it. I sighed and sat down on an old rusty toolbox and watched as my dad glared daggers into me. I ignored him and turned my attention to the Rabbit.

"Jake...what have I told you about that girl?" Dad asked.

I remained silent keeping my thoughts to myself trying to ignore his constant questions.

"Jake? That girl is not good...stay away from her"

"Why should I?" I asked feeling a rush of anger sear inside on me.

"She isn't right Jake...and that's all I am going to say" Billy warned me before leaving me alone.

I had to see her again, I didn't care what my dad had to say about Kat. I couldn't stop thinking about her, she's always on my mind. I want her to be mine and mine alone.

~Katelyn's P.O.V.~

It has been a week since the incident with Jake. I have been completely ignoring him, his calls, his little notes, and him in general. I hated being this overwhelmed with emotions. It bothered me, it made me feel dirty in a way. Still Jake was on my mind and strangely enough I didn't mind. Amun however was worried about the way I was acting, but I didn't care.

I didn't want to get a ride to school from Bella. She seemed like she was severely depressed simply because Edward was acting strange. I knew he was acting strange and the Cullen's still refuse to tell me what was wrong. With that I decided to walk to school. I didn't even care if it had been raining. Adrian and Juan were already at work leaving the empty house to me, myself, and I.

As I exited the back door I was greeted by a tall, tanned, dark choppy haired man known as Sam. Behind him was none other than Paul and Jared. I straightened my composure and stared at this alpha with serious eyes.

"Well hello there...do you know that people usually use the front door when they want to see someone?" I stated as a known fact.

"Stay away from Jacob if you know what's good for you" Sam said to me as he stuck his chest out.

I scoffed lightly and rolled my eyes at his behavior. Typical alpha, which by the way was pathetic.

"Why should I stay away from him? This is after all my life and his...so if Jake wants to see me then he cam see me...it's not right to keep imprints away from one another"

Sam's eyes widened when he heard what I said. Paul and Jared had reacted the same to my words. I couldn't help but laugh inwardly.

"How do you know about that?" Paul shouted out angrily.

"Simple...I'm a smart girl and it doesn't help that I know what you are and you're looking forward to Jake transforming soon" I said in a serious tone and I kept my head up not wanting to feel threatened by Sam. "But what you don't know is that Jake won't be transforming for a few more months because the symptoms keep fading and reappearing...and you're too focused on Jake that you've completely overlooked Embry...no doubt he will transform before Jake"

Sam's eyes were dark and held plenty of anger. I turned my head and saw Paul shaking with anger. I smiled lightly and shook my head.

"How did you know that?" Sam asked taking control of his anger.

"Does it matter...what you should really be paying attention to is Paul...he looks like he's going to shift any moment" I stated and pointed to Paul.

I could hear Sam growl through clenched teeth. "Paul....control yourself" Sam ordered.

I smirked. "Don't have much control do you?" I asked and turned my attention to his mark on his shoulder. "I'll show mine if you show me yours" I said quickly getting all of their attention.

"The mark? Well you can see it clearly...now you have to show me what you have" Sam said still holding his head up.

"Very well....would you like to come inside? After all I wouldn't want to stay outside in the rain...that's how the smell of wet dog forms" I stated before walking inside.

I waited inside as the three giant men walked inside my house slowly not wanting to be here. I smiled and sat down on the kitchen counter and watched as they stood still but moved their heads to look around the house.

"You know memorizing the scents of the people who live here is not right...I mean only three people live here...nothing more" I said. "So you can cut the wolfish behavior and act moderately
normal"

"We don't have time for your games...tell me what you are" Sam barked out.

"You know you won't get anything in life if you're forcing someone" I said as I crossed my arms. "You know I'm getting late for school...and I'd rather not ditch...so I could tell you what I am later" I said as I stood up on my feet.

Sam quickly stood in front of me and stuck out his chest. He was in his alpha state at the moment. I sighed and pushed him out of my way. His dominant behavior wasn't going to bother me.

"What are you?" Sam repeated.

"I am Bastet" I stated simply before walking out the back door. "And you can figure it out on your own and also you can let yourself out" I stated before running top speed to school.