One-Shot - Ruki: Faithful

As I sat in my study, reading alone like usual, my mind becoming preoccupied with the words on the pages until I began to notice that something felt off. I look up from my book slowly, glancing around the dark room. Something was missing. It was too lonely... Too much like usual.

Snapping my book closed, I place in under my arm and rise from my seat. (Y/n) wasn't here. That's why it felt so different. She's usually always at my side, eager to spend time with me and read with me whenever she got the chance to. I never understood why she has such an interest in me. I knew she liked me but not why. Now, for some reason I probably refused to pay attention to, she's gone.

Tch... Tedious Livestock... Tedious but beautiful... My beautiful Livestock...

Quite quickly I make my way to her bedroom through teleportation, only to find Azusa sitting on the end of her bed, staring at the pillow, one of his daggers in his hands. "Azusa, put down the knife." He looks at me innocently. "Ruki..?" He glances over his shoulder to me and I walk over, looking down at him. He looks away from me and back to his knife. "Eve's not here, if that's what... you were going to ask... me." He answers slowly. My jaw tensed as I saw Azusa sigh and run his finger over his knife, inhaling deeply.

"What are you doing?" I ask, tone stern. "When I went to spend... time with her, I found her... with Yuma. He... wouldn't let her go, so she said.... she'd be with me soon, just to wait... in her room..." he trail off, sighing. "And what business woul you have with her?" "Eve promised I could... cut her today." I frown disapprovingly at him, book tightly clenched under my arm. "Get up and go to your own room." I order.

Nodding, he stands up, clutching the knife close to his chest. "Okay... Ruki. But if you see her, can you... tell her I'm waiting?" "If I do, you are not to harm her. Understood?" He nods and I nod back before he finally teleports away silently.

I sigh loudly. He said Yuma was with her so maybe that's where I should check first. I make my way to his garden but I don't find him there so instead I walk around the house until I stopped in front of the games room. Strange. He never usually went into here. "Yuma, have you seen Livestock around anywhere? I heard she was with you last." I ask him once I enter and see him in front of the pool table, cue in hand. "Eh? Nah, sow isn't here with me anymore." he answers, disappointment hinting in his voice.

He glares at the balls as he hits the white ball effortlessly hard with his cue on the pool table, sending it hurdling toward the striped green ball. Once they made contact, it rolled quickly down to the end of the table, slipping down into the pocket. He must have been playing for a while as there was only a few coloured balls left.

"Care to play?" He asked, offering out his cue. I hold up my hand, politely declining with a quick, "No, thank you." Yuma then shrugs, aims quickly and shoots once more, the white ball now chipping the side of a blue ball, pushing it gently into the middle pocket it was rested against. "Do you know where I might find her?" I ask, loosing interest in this silly game. "Maybe. But I thought she'd already be back with you. She never seems to leave your side," Yuma stands up straight, reaching up and running his fingers through his hair before making eye contact with me as he makes his way around the table to follow the white ball, stuffing his free hand into his jumper pocket.

"Just answer me. Do you know where I can find her or not?" He becomes quiet, rolling his eyes and nodding towards the main room. "She's in the kitchen with Kou. Said somethin' about a cake of some sort."

"Thank you." I turn to leave, my chest rising and falling heavily. Once I enter the kitchen I am speechless and the scene before me unfolds. Kou was so close to me as a brother I could never imagine him doing something like this. He had his arms around her waist, hugging her from behind as she leaned against the counter-top. They were facing away from me Kou's hands trail up and down her sides, his tongue licking up and down her exposed neck before leaving rough demanding kisses all over it.

Jealousy struck me hard. How dare he... Why did she allow him to do this? "Do you love me, Maso-Kitty?" He asked with a lustrous tone, giggling at the end. "Kou..." she quietly calls, shaking her head and closing her eyes. "Speechless before me I see~ Hehe~" "Kou... stop. Let me g-go." she struggles against him. "Naw, come on~" he teases, tugging gently at her skirt. "Ruki will-" He cuts her off. "What he doesn't know won't hurt him. Besides... you owe me, Maso-Kitty~"

Shaking her head, (Y/n) turns around and pushes Kou off of her. "Stop this, Kou! I have a boyfriend who happens to be your brother, in case you've forgotten! How could you do this?!" She yells. Stunned, Kou falls silent before frowning and pinning her to the counter-top once again. "Keep your fucking voice down! If he hears-"

"Kou," my voice booms from the hallway causing the blonde-haired vampire to glare at me. Taking a split second decision against either lying to me or challenging me, he started nuzzling his face into her's neck in a teasing way. "Get off her. Now." I warn and slowly he does, leaving her leaning on the counter, blushing and looking away from me. "Look, Ruki... I-" "Leave now!" I raise my voice at him and he gets the message, teleporting away to god knows where, leaving us alone.

I can not believe what I just witnessed...

(Y/n) immediately runs to me, throws herself into my arms, grabbing fist fills of my shirt and hugs me tightly. "I'm sorry." She apologises as I look down at her, not hugging her back at all. "I know." She quickly pulls away, blushing heavily. "I apologise..." she mumbles and I loose it, placing my book on the counter.

Lifting up her chin with my thumb and forefinger, I look into her eyes for a moment before gently connecting our lips. I pull away after a few seconds, leaving her stunned. "I'm glad that you stayed faithful to me, Livestock." I acknowledge. "Always." She smiled up at me. "Now how about we go back to my room. You'll be safe there." I assure her and she nods. "But I'm going to talk to Kou for a minute... He needs to learn to not touch things that don't belong to him. You do belong me to, right Livestock?" "I do. I'm your Livestock and yours alone."

"Don't forget that."