3.) When You Have A Nightmare (Sakamaki)

Shuu:
You woke up panting and sweating. Another bad dream. You had been getting them more often than usual and you found it harder to sleep as the nights went on. Normally you would just close your eyes and try and go back to sleep but this time you found yourself too scared to do so. Just the thought of having the same nightmare again made you shiver.

You slowly got out of bed, silently crossing the room to the door. You exited the bedroom and walked down the quiet and cold hallways. The hallway was so dark you almost crashed into a few walls on the way yet you weren't going too fast so it didn't hurt much when you did. Eventually you stopped in front of a door. You didn't knock - you just went it. Shuu's room smelt sweet and familiar and put your racing heart at ease.

You walked to his bed and gently crawled on top, nudging him on the shoulder when you found where he was lying. He was asleep. You nudged him harder, wanting to stay with him for the night. He finally responded to you, getting up slightly and leaning on his arm.

"What is it?" he asked sleepily. Your hand skimmed over the sheets before finding his and you hesitantly held it. "I... had a nightmare." you quietly answer. He doesn't say anything more, pulling you into him, allowing you to rest your head on his chest. You felt him place his earphone in your ear and you silently allowed the music to calm you even more. Shuu began to trace patterns on your back as you begin to fall asleep once more. You can feel his warm breath on your ear. The last thing you hear before falling into a tranquil dream state is his voice, wishing you sweet dreams "I'll be here if you wake up again. Sweet dreams and goodnight..."

Reiji:
Upon awakening from your nightmare, you were confused and scared to find yourself on your floor, bruises on your arms. You remember studying for school in Reiji's study so you figured he must have taken you to your bedroom once you fell asleep. During the nightmare you must have fallen out of bed and hit the ground pretty hard.

You stumble your way to the window and peer out. Still dark. You slowly exit your room and head down the dimly lit hallway, checking the time on the grandfather clock. 3:17. You could make out dark shadows along the corridor and you weren't sure if it was your imagination or not but you swear you saw some shadows move... You see a light under one door and make your way over. It was Reiji's room. You knock gently and hear a few footsteps come towards the door.

When Reiji opened the door, he was surprised to see you standing there, clutching your bruised arm with a few stray tears in your eyes from the restless night. Staying quiet, he leads you into the room, shutting the door quietly and offering for you to sit down on his bed. You do.

"Is everything all right?" he asks, glancing to your arm as he stands in front of you, arms crossed.  "I fell out of bed... I think. I also had a nightmare..." you respond, looking up at him innocently. He sat next to you, allowing you to huddle against him, your worries about your nightmares fading the longer you stayed in his embrace. "You can sleep in here if you would feel more comfortable." he offers and you nod. Eventually you are lying on his bed, yawning and holding his hand. "Goodnight then. Try and get some sleep. I'll be here if you need me." he assures you, giving your hand a reassuring squeeze before leaving you to slowly fall asleep, protected by his gaze.

Ayato:
Waking up abruptly, you whimper as the cold draft entering the room engulfed you. Another nightmare. That was the third one tonight. You resisted the urge to cry out of both frustration and helplessness. You sat quietly, battling your own emotions for a few minutes before looking towards the door. You decide to get up.

If you couldn't sleep there was no point staying in bed. You leave the room and head for Ayato's bedroom, wondering if he was asleep. Finally finding his room in the darkness, you gently push open the door. He was asleep quietly on his bed, his faze nuzzled into his pillow and his balcony doors ajar slightly – allowing a cool breeze to flow in, earning a shiver from the vampire. Annoyed, he pulls up the blanket to cover himself.